New Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think you may be looking at the head on shot. this one comes up occasionally when you go to the site. It sure looks grey. If it's not it should be. Car looks great in this color. http://groups.*********/group/newtbirddata

Sorry, David-but Ford is still using its enormous supply of media images on the site. Ford will not be anouncing the two new colors that will be taking the place of Thunderbird Blue and Inspiration Yellow until sometime next month, prior to the start of the NAIAS Auto Shows.

------------------

Rumor has it.... and please don't tell me I was wrong later....

Overheard a conversation last week- salmon pink...

Had another come down the line this week - was a dark red metallic- looked really nice- unfortunately it also was tagged wrong color.

Not sure about the second color- have heard some speculation on Midnight Grey Metallic...

Wixompooh
-
The new birds do have a clear coat don't they? I am thinking about ordering the Zaino polish.
-
Also, I remember you used to have to wait six months for black to 'cure' account softer before waxing. Is that still true today?

------------------
Bob - 106496

Wixom-I think the color you are referring to is what was known as Sunset Coral, a color produced in 1956-I heard that what they want to do is bring back the hot colors for one year at a time. For 1956 that would be the Sunset Coral and Peacock Blue.

And that article that talks about the vestigial tailfins? You can forget that-especially since it mentions the 2006-07 models years, which as we all know won't happen.

------------------

DFW

Yes all the birds have clearcoat.

With the DuPont paint that is now being used there isn't a long cure time. The paint itself is hardened by the time it gets to my area.

Wixompooh
-
Thanks,
-
I was hoping that was the case. I just wanted to be cautious. The last black vehicle I owned was an 89 Jimmy. Ming wouldn't polish it back then because they said black needed to cure.
-
I'll be the only one shining this baby for a long time.....

------------------
Bob - 106496

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back