Need help with in-dash voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dennis1995tbird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Need help with in-dash voltmeter.
I had valve guides replaced, now the meter is all the way down.
Battery is charging correctly and the RED battery warning indicator works.

I thought the mechanic left a plug off, but all looks normal under the hood.
I looked under the plastic air horn also.

Does anyone have a schematic showing how the in-dash voltmeter is connected?
My manuals don't have that detail.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
1995 4.6 v-8 auto, full power (windows, locks)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Voltmeter

the only thing i can tell you is pull out the instrument cluster and make sure all the wiring to the volt meter is correct and in tact. other than that, your meter may be shot.

well it seems that all the wires are hooked up or your check gauges light would be on. my 95 is doing the same thing but in different areas the instrament cluster is shot just replace it with a new or a good used one and that will take care of your problem

Dennis, check the secondary junction block located just to the right and above the gas pedal. I had a loose connector on that block and it caused the voltmeter to quit working.

Dennis, check the secondary junction block located just to the right and above the gas pedal. I had a loose connector on that block and it caused the voltmeter to quit working.

wow you know i never thought of that and i have worked on these cars know for six years now but then again it has been a while since i have worked on them but you are very right on that one you triggered my brain and old things:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back