msrp revisited

• Thread starter southwest la t-bird
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

southwest la t-bird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
my local dealer has promised to sell me a bird at msrp. i am supposed to be # 11 out of 14. at this point the car order hasn't even been finalized so i'm beginning to wonder if they really have this many cars or they are just hoping to get them. is there any way to find out what a particular dealership's alloucation is? i hope they aren't trying to feed me a line, as i have bought 7 new cars from them and i just want the truth.has anybody else had this type of vague response from the dealer?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ask you salesperson for a copy of the "vehicle order confirmation" Screen (From Conepts - I think) for your vehicle. It acknowledges receipt of the order.

It will list the options, show your order number and priority. That should give you a warm feeling. It will not indicate how many Thunderbirds were allocated - it's likely 14 as they said.

#11 of 14 may not mean much if the dealer was forced to order 15% without hard-tops. Those orders may have been pulled ahead in production scheduling as tops are a controlled commodity. You might turn out to be #12 or 13 out of 14 through no fault of your dealer.

They may appear vague because untill the scheduling system submits the order to the plant, they have little control over it. Once you are VIN'd, trust the scheduling.
Duane

Joe:

What does the priority on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) mean? Is that your # of #? If so, mine is listed as Priority 25 and I was told that the dealership had an allocation of 12.

Deb,
My order shows ours as "order no 0018" and "priority code 10". Our dealer is getting 26 and we're #18 on their list and have always been at that spot. On another list I have from the dealership, our "PR CD" shows as a "25" and falls in the 18th spot on the Thunderbird orders list, with the order prior to ours having "24" and the one after as "26". That particular numbering system started at 10.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

Priority codes have been discussed before...long, long ago. Each dealership gets to set their own priority code which starts at 10 being the highest priority up through 99. I believe the factory order system looks at total orders for the dealership and determines by priority code which unit will be built next depending upon parts/component availability. If parts are not available for that particular unit it skips over to the next priority vehicle assuming it is not needing the same parts as the previous order. This is how come the soft top units are jumping ahead of hard top units.

Hope this basic explanation helps.

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back