Movie Car/New Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to promotional information I received at Toy Fair today (2/11), the 2002 (2003?)TBird will be one of three cars featured in the new James Bond movie due out in the Fall of '02. It will be driven by the Bond girl, Hallie Berry. The other cars will be an Aston Martin Vanquish(Bond's), and Jaguar XKR (Bond's nemesis). There is a 1:18 Maisto model of the TBird (and the other cars) in the works with special packaging. And the TBird is in an exclusive color-Coral. Could this be a preview of things to come, i.e. one of the new '03 colors? Stay tuned!

PS: For those of us who remember when the first James Bond movie hit the theatres, this is also the 40th anniversary of that event! It seems just like yesterday.

Skip

Red/Red/Red Premium #101678

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Nothing yet on the Maisto website-www.maisto.com

Will say it again-I don't think anyone will know what colors will replace the Thunderbird Blue and Inspiration Yellow until Ford announces them in May or June. But I hope Skip and the others are right-Samoan Coral is a gorgeous color! John McCarthy has a convertible he is restoring-and it is painted that color.

------------------
**********, **************************

Just visited a site for the Bond films-www.jamesbond.com

No mention of the Thunderbird at all-I did leave a question for them about the car, and whether or not it has a factory paint scheme or a custom one. They are already shooting the film-chances are they are using an 02, which means that it probably has a custom paint scheme. Maybe when I get to Dearborn next month I'll have a better idea of the colors that will be used next year.

------------------
**********, **************************

Look forward to hearing the color releases.
Saw a Yellow Prem on a used lot and thinking
seriously about canceling the color. Another
dealer is going to call when get a blue in
but many think the salmon/coral would be a
better combination.

We were at the MAISTO showroom before we saw the exhibit for the movie, and there was no mention of the coral Bird, or movie tie-in promotion there. I think this is being done separately, at least from a promotion standpoint. I have a color flyer I have scanned that I will try to post on this board, if I can figure out how.

Skip

That was our first pick on colors about two years ago when Ford had a survay on their site about the new bird and what you would like. O-well we got the blue and like it very much. Although the salmon would have been our first choice.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

I was on the Ford site today and they were showing what looked like a Silver Bird at the the home page. Looks like that is going to be a definate color for the '03. What is the Coral color going to be like?

Blk/Blk/Blk Prem #6816

I think that is supposed to be blue.

Originally posted by icrovop:
I was on the Ford site today and they were showing what looked like a Silver Bird at the the home page. Looks like that is going to be a definate color for the '03. What is the Coral color going to be like?

Blk/Blk/Blk Prem #6816

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back