Mountain Shadow Gray w/Saddle Interior Accent

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a torch red 02 T-Bird with a white hard top and the red accent package, but I have fallen in love with the new Mountain Shadow Gray color, with the Saddle accent package. Has anyone else seen this combo? What are your thoughts, before I sale---sale---sale!

I actually saw one parked out front at my local dealer last night and I stopped to look at it. In my opinion, I don't care for either color. The gray is a very nice color, but I really don't think it does a thing for the Thunderbird and its unique lines. As for the saddle, I think it's just awful. It looks like pumpkin guts and the color is only on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob (I assume it is on the doors and console if it's the full accent package, but I've not researched this; nonetheless it would make it even worse). It may be a little easier to stomach if it wasn't matched with the midnight gray and instead the entire interior was saddle. But still, the color itself is just off, it's too dark of a saddle color.

Just my opinion though, so take it for what it's worth.

The mountain shadow grey was a big hit at the Detroit Auto Show, but the leather interior complete with the orange tinged leather was discusting....almost every car with a saddle interior had orange tinged leather. It must be a supply issue. The white inserts for the seats were stained with blue jean dye and the people cleaning the cars said they couldnt get it out.

tleslie,

Speaking of that dye, I have had the same problem with my 2002 with full yellow interior. I have apparently gotten blue jean dye on the yellow seats and it will NOT come out. I hope this serves as a warning to all of you folks with light-colored seat inserts -- put a towel down when you're wearing jeans!

-- Paula

-

Z, when I saw the picture of the grey with saddle, I absolutely fell in love with it. However, I saw a couple of them in person at the dealership last week and the magic disappeared on me. I have a blue/blue with partial color interior and I really think I made the best possible choice. To each his own, I guess. I agree with the advice of just enjoying what you have. Go for it.

I've only seen photos, but it appears to me that they are not carrying the accent colors to the dash and door panels as they did in '02. Almost looks like an afterthought.

....When a Mountain Shadow Grey one is parked next to an 03 Focus Wagon...same shade......it does'nt look so special....

The grey / saddle looks stunningly beautiful in the T-bird brochure...and OK at night. But in the daytime, it just doesn't look right. If they had called it "peanut butter" instead of "saddle", that would be more accurate. I was ready to buy one, based on the brochure. I changed my mind instantly when I saw it.

The "saddle" color is just not to my taste. Waaay too red. The car I saw it in was black, not mtn shadow gray, but I don't think I'd care for it there, either.

For my preference, the car color would have to be a warmer earth tone to make it work. But, that's why they make lots of colors.

------------------
red/red/partial red

-

I have a torch red 02 T-Bird with a white hard top and the red accent package, but I have fallen in love with the new Mountain Shadow Gray color, with the Saddle accent package. Has anyone else seen this combo? What are your thoughts, before I sale---sale---sale!
I Just picked one up, this is my forth t-bird and it is an awesome combo. I have been told that this combo is a reel low number produced.

I got mine 3 months ago and LUUVVV it. Get many compliments in how sharp it is. I added some trim kits to mine: wood grain dash kit, chrome upper side body trim, chrome hood scoop trim, chrome marker lights and fog lamps trim, and a chrome grille surround trim. Just put a new set of blackwalls on it also and now have my dream driver. I am a 72 yr old grandma and I feel like "the little old lady from Pasadena" when I hit the highway. The tires on it when I bought it were Uniroyal Tiger Paws with a lot of tread left, but a horrible wobble at 70 mph and a bad road feel. I've driven those on another car in the past and didn't like them then either. After a lot of research, I opted for the GT Radial Maxtour LX by Giti Tire, now with a US company in SC. Upsized to the 235/55/17 and what a difference in ride comfort and handling. $88 per tire thru Walmart.com, had them shipped to the store and installed by them....total under $500 for the set. A deal!! And I intend to put a set of those on my 2016 Chrysler Town and Country minivan now.

PXL_20210316_181656941~2.jpgPXL_20210609_174218457.MP~3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Order online at Car ID...mine is a B&I kit, and I opted for the smaller kit. I installed it myself, no problem.

P.S. I chose Tygerwood and the color match is spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back