Model C, D, E, or F? 1957

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not a great photo. Sorry all i have now

Attachments

• B4947EF7-6923-4FBF-96BF-AC74F26C4A13.jpeg
    B4947EF7-6923-4FBF-96BF-AC74F26C4A13.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Look at the data plate on the firewall near the distributor. The serial number will start with the letter C,D,E, or F. The second character will be a 7. Most likely you have a D code. 312 C.I., 245 horsepower, single four barrel carburetor. As an asid there are a very few D code cars that are referred to as DF cars. They are the early supercharger cars and have slightly different fuel filter than F code cars and a few other visible differences. A DF car requires documentation for proof of status as a factory supercharged car. Porthole has nothing to do with the engine installation. Porthole tops became optional in 56 and were relatively standard on 57s. However there are some non-porthole tops that look like the 55 or 56 top without a porthole but they have a different badge.
good luck and buy a shop manual.
If you can't afford a shop manual you can't afford the car.

Look at the data plate on the firewall near the distributor. The serial number will start with the letter C,D,E, or F. The second character will be a 7. Most likely you have a D code. 312 C.I., 245 horsepower, single four barrel carburetor. As an asid there are a very few D code cars that are referred to as DF cars. They are the early supercharger cars and have slightly different fuel filter than F code cars and a few other visible differences. A DF car requires documentation for proof of status as a factory supercharged car. Porthole has nothing to do with the engine installation. Porthole tops became optional in 56 and were relatively standard on 57s. However there are some non-porthole tops that look like the 55 or 56 top without a porthole but they have a different badge.
good luck and buy a shop manual.
If you can't afford a shop manual you can't afford the car.

Thanks a million. This is VERY helpful. I cant afford the car :)

Selling it -and a 1956-for a friend.

I am very grateful for the information everyone has provided. Such amaxingly knowledgeable folks here.

Back