Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need help with my Tbird

I have a 97 4.6 v8 pearl white 174k

The key is stuck in the ignition an it wont come out at all

Try turning the steering wheel and key at the same time. Sometimes there is a bind on the steering wheel lock. Also try spraying some WD40 into the key hole and wiggle the key to free any stuck tumblers. If that doesn't work check you tube to see how to remove the entire lock cylinder and key together. Then maybe you can repair it or replace.

I have the same problem. Switch won't go into the locked position and can't remove the key. Shifter seems to be fine. Any help is appreciated.

Try turning the steering wheel and key at the same time. Sometimes there is a bind on the steering wheel lock. Also try spraying some WD40 into the key hole and wiggle the key to free any stuck tumblers. If that doesn't work check you tube to see how to remove the entire lock cylinder and key together. Then maybe you can repair it or replace.

Just saw your earlier post. Familiar with the issues you're describing but I think I have a deeper problem. Either the switch itself or some some sort of interlock problem with the shifter.

Back