K&N Cold Air Intake/Fuel Inj Performance Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Last seen
I am considering buying the chrome Typhoon cold air intake system #69-3520TP or the black plastic fuel injection performance system FIPK for my 2004. K&N tech dept. claims the black plastic runs cooler and has a dyno 15HP increase, the Typhoon has not been rated but is less.
I have several questions such as 1. Real HP gain 2. Noise level 3. Warranty issues 4. Ease of installation
Any recommendations? Which one would you buy, if any?
I currently just have a K&N filter installed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The K&N Typhoon cold air intake gives you:

14 HP increase and is very easy to install. I actually felt the difference in horsepower.... and the sound is a throatier low end sound that you really can't notice unless you gas it heavy. I HIGHLY suggest this performance part..... the sound is not obnoxious at all. It actually let's your Tbird breathe the air the engine is starving for. It also increases the gas mileage as well.

I haven't tested out the fuel injection performance black one yet. Maybe you should test it out and give a review?

Aaron
Out of Business

K&n Fipk

I purchased a cold air intake kit from K&N a little over a year ago. I love it. Under throttle, it growls. But at cruising, it is no louder.

My only complaint: Under light throttle, it often whistles. This is the air running past the throttle. It is not there at light throttle, or at high throttle. It is most noticable in light stop and go driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back