installing throw out bearing clutch arm on 55 Thunderbird

Fundctr

Fundctr

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Trying to install the clutch arm on my 55 Thunderbird, and can’t find anything online to explain how (or show) the wire on the clutch arm attaches to the bell-housing? Would appreciate any guidance.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Here is a photo of the clutch release lever from the Thunderbird Restoration Details and Specification Manual.

upload_2019-5-24_9-31-12.png

The lever on the right is used on 1957 Thunderbirds and Ford passenger cars with V8 engines. The lever on the left is used on 1955/56 model Thunderbirds and Ford passenger cars with V8 C.I. engines.

I hope this will help you.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Trying to install the clutch arm on my 55 Thunderbird, and can’t find anything online to explain how (or show) the wire on the clutch arm attaches to the bell-housing? Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks but what I need to know is how that wire connects to the bell housing, or does it just lay loose? It must have a function?

Back