Install Convenience Control Panel in 65?

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just wondering how hard it would be to install a convenience control panel in a 65? Is all the wiring there but not connected or what wiring would need to be put in?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It would be a lot of work. The door lock system is vacuum. Lines would have to be run and a vacuum canister added to the firewall under the hood. Wiring would have to be run for the door ajar light and a new fuel sending unit put in the gas tank for low fuel light. No sure what would be needed for the 4-way flashers.

Just wondering how hard it would be to install a convenience control panel in a 65? Is all the wiring there but not connected or what wiring would need to be put in?

It would be a lot of work. The door locks are vacuum. Lines would have to be run and a vacuum canister added to the fire wall under the hood. Wiring and switches would have to be added for the door ajar light. A new sending gauge would have to be added to the gas tank for the low fuel light. Not sure what would be needed for the 4-way flashers.

Interesting post! I've been thinking of doing the same to my '65, and have been buying available parts on ebay and such. This is my second '65, the first one (bought in '73) had no panel, either, but you had to scour junk yards for parts back then. Internet has helped the shopping.
Let me know if you come up with a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back