Important Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called the 800# and it told me that my Bird was shipped by railcar on the 23'ed. does anyone know how long it would take a train to get fron Wixom to York Pa. by rail. We have a rail head here in York for cars about 1/2 mile from my dealer. Called the salesman but he won't be in till 1pm. Am starting to get breathless.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/18 Delivery Date SOON!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by Gobird:
I just called the 800# and it told me that my Bird was shipped by railcar on the 23'ed. does anyone know how long it would take a train to get from Wixom to York Pa. by rail. We have a rail head here in York for cars about 1/2 mile from my dealer. Called the salesman but he won't be in till 1pm. Am starting to get breathless.

jodrod don't oop's me, i am in a panic!!!

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Sorry, thought that was inadvertant. Mine was on the railcar about 4 days as I remember, going to Jax, FL, I would hope yours would be half that.

jodrod, we'll have to try and meet up in the near future. We'er heading for Sebring eather in Feb. or the beginning of Mar. Don't know for sure right now but will let you know.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I'll stick with Gobird, been my plate number sence 1984.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Originally posted by Gobird:
I just called the 800# and it told me that my Bird was shipped by railcar on the 23'ed. does anyone know how long it would take a train to get fron Wixom to York Pa. by rail. We have a rail head here in York for cars about 1/2 mile from my dealer. Called the salesman but he won't be in till 1pm. Am starting to get breathless.

From my experience selling cars, they normally got to the dealership about 2 weeks after that were put on the railcars.

Tbird

jodrod, don't know what your smoking but I want some of it. I don't know what you last post was about??

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

"Blue on Blue Prem. Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12"

Change to "Blue on Blue Prem. Bird almost in hand"
smile.gif

-

After reading Tbird's post I started thinking, my car was caught up in the quality hold for the fan problem and arrived a month after the ETA date, it may have been expidited.

jodrod not sure what is going on here but yes I was 7 of 12 and now 4 of 12. Don't know why but that is the way it worked out. There was NO change on order was Blue on Blue and still is. I know you have a lot on your mind.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I was just saying that in the signature portion where you have the info on the color and the allotment numbers you should change the allotment numbers to "Bird almost in hand" now that it is almost here.

The post following was to clarify what happened with my car with 4 days on rail and Tbirds comment that it is about 2 weeks on rail. They may have hurried mine up since it was already one month late.

Just talked to my salesman and informed me that they Closed the railhead in York. They now get them thru eather Baltimore or Pittsburg. Hope mine comes thru Baltimore sence it is only 50 miles away. He says by that it should be in eather Sat. or Mon. Stillll Holding my breath. It's been over a year now, can't wait.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Gobird, It can take anyhwhere from 4 days to 2 weeks. I realize that is not an exact answer, but it's the way it's going. It depends on how crowded the rail head is and how many cars are going to the dealership. I have one with an ETA of Jan 23, and no bird as of Jan 25 4:30pm. It arrived at the ramp on Jan 17. If you've waited a year a couple days shouldn't hurt, but I know it does, like waiting on a baby. John

Birdforwife, Yes it seems like an enternity, but what is a few extra days. A life time right Now!!!! Live Long and Prosper

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back