I'm still waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thenewtbird2

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
This is where you can post if you're still waiting for your vin# or 'bird - I want an idea of whose left on this board still in the waiting game.

count me as 1

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown: 18-17-16 = the New T-bird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Still waiting- now getting ready for the start of my 13th month anniversary of my order.
My order is 17 out of 25.

I've been waiting since Ford introduced the concept. Placed my order February 10th. 2001. So it will be 15 months on March 10th. My dealer is telling me there should be a change in my status this Friday. I've been #1 clean/unscheduled for about 3 weeks now. He is also receiving his T-Birds a week ahead of what the data base tells him. I'm hoping I'll get it by the end of May early June.

-

A Thunderbird is the only car I've owned since 1989. As I sit and look at my June '98 issue of Car and Driver (the one with the "Ford's Retro Thunrderbird" on the cover), I realize what a long and agonizing wait this has been for many. My friends and coworkers don't believe me when I tell them that I've waited 4 years for this car...it gets more difficult every day...but I will say this, I don't know what I'd do without this discussion board...better to live vicariously through others than not at all!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

rolleyes.gif
flybrd, I know, been there, and it is easy for me to say now but the wait is worth it. I know this doesn't help right now but believe me when your Bird comes in and your sitting in your garage and just stairing at it for hours you will know what I mean.

I've owned nothing but Birds since 1984.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

flybrd, I've got that same issue of Car and Driver. Never thought it would take so long to realize the dream that magazine started. Ordered 1/17/2001, maybe 8 (instead of 10) out of 11 (or 13). Some delays along the way as we have all encountered. I did get my Vin (17489) and it is "locked in". ETA from Ford is 5/27. Hoping to get it sooner.
Jim

flybrd. i know it has been tough. But having just gone through the sam thing, let me please tell you that it is well worth it.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday....and let me know if you want to help me drive the road rally. I it would be my privelege.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Dot:
Add me to your waiting list. When the New Bird was first introduced, dealers were not to take orders, although some did. My dealer would not take an order two years ago and said they would call me. If I hadn't called them in March 2001, they probably would have never called me. I finally placed my order 13 months ago and check status every week. Eastern district manager was to start checking on it as of yesterday...We'll see!
By the way, I was originally told that I was first on the Dealers list two years ago. Then I found out that one came in and went out West. I would be "next or 2 of 5". NOW, I find out that a second one came in and it "was a different color" then I had ordered, so now I'm 3 of 5. At least I know I can't get pushed much further than 5 on the list.
Unfortunately, two years ago I sold my '56 Bird and have missed two years of Birding, due to all the nonsence between Ford, Customer Service and the Dealers. Even wrote to a VP at Ford but of course, no response there either.
As you can see I too share everyones anxiety

For those of you who are still waiting (I waited 2 yrs to get mine after being placed on a waiting list). We must truly be a special (or crazy) bunch of folks...tomorrow calls for sun and warm temps, so the bird is going to work with me. So now I am looking forward to getting up for work!!! What's wrong with this picture??? lol. Believe me when I say it has been worth every waiting minute...what a great car and group of people
smile.gif

------------------
Premium Black w/Red partial
VIN - 1FAHP60AX2Y113877
sq#4044
build #14004
Delivered 3/29/02
2000 Chrysler Sebring Conv.
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula

Almost 14 months and still waiting. No vin, no information from dealer or Ford on 2002 TBird. If our dealer would be getting their allocation in a timely manner, we might be getting ours soon. Our order is 14 of 26, then after ours our dealer still has 12 cars to get before the 03's start, targeted for Aug. 15th. Will Ford make it in time? Hope ours isn't the last to come off the line. Black/black/full red interior, birdless in Ohio. Anyone have any pull? Looks like letters are not "acknowledged" by Ford. Thanks, Rheta

If any of you have been following the 2003 forum, willSD informed the board that the 2003 production has now been delayed by a month so Ford can finish up the 2002s by Sept 13. What that also means is those that are waiting for a 2003 & are first in line at their dealership will also have to go thru the same type of wait some on this board went thru last summer as they won't start trickling into the dealers until sometime in October.

Dot:
I ordered two blue/blue/blue premium T-Birds on 3/12/01.My dealer didn't tell me that there was an alotment program.I first learned of alotments on this form much too late to move my order to another dealer.
My dealer still thinks he may be able to get me a car or two but hope is fading fast.

------------------

fortbirds,
I would assume that you'll get your cars as you ordered. your dealer should be able to tell you where in line you are in his allotments for 2002. Just hope you are not the last 2!

I suppose most of you realize that if a car doesn't get built until that last week, it may not get to a dealer until October, too. yuck - what a wait!

My dealer S.C. had an allotment of only one TBird, and it has already been delivered. He ordered a 2002 for me anyway (Premium Blue/Blue/Black accent) on the assumption that my order would be rolled over into the 2003 model. He called in some favors last week and got his allotment increased. It looks like I'll get my 2002 after all! No VIN yet but they predicted a June/July delivery. I look forward to being a part of the NC TBird contingent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back