Highest mileage Birds? 2002 - 2005

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I have an 03 with 120K miles. Had to rebuild the transmission at 113K miles and have the transmission module changed at the same time. I think my issue might have just been the module and not the transmission? I also had to replace the ABS computer module around the same time. Needed a new radiator at 90K miles. CD stopped playing around 80K miles. The CD has a worm drive that comes loose. I was able to easily repair it from watching videos on-line. I also diagnosed the ABS module on my own and sent it to module masters to be repaired (there are various module repair services online). I had the radiator and transmission repaired by professional mechanics. The transmission shop told me the transmission failed and that caused the control module to fail...not sure I believe them but if you do some research you will find the transmission used in the Tbird and other Ford vehicles had a high failure rate around 80K-100K miles. Unfortunately, from what I have read over the years, my problems are not unusual. I take very good care of the car, garage it every night, regular maintenance, etc. I have 5 other Fords of various types, treat them the same and have had very little to no problem with them. Their years range from 1983 to 2014 and their mileage ranges from 50K - 230K miles. Hope this helps.
Thank you for that vehicle history. Based on my experience, along with invaluable information and experiences provided by members of this forum like yours, I think its safe to say that the general reliability of 2002-2005 Birds is well below "average." Contrary opinions / rebuttals are welcome!

Back