Help Me Name My Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas! I have no name for my blue Thunderbird. Heelbird has named his "Amadeus". Another owner named his car "Venus". Usually posessed of some imagination, I have not been able to come up with a name. I thought about "Vanna" since North Myrtle Beach is the home of Vanna White of Wheel of Fortune, but my wife might not appreciate that one!
Suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Norman,

Some folks consider your location the name you should use....it's also where you are when you are in your Bird....use "Paradise"...you'll have both bases covered. You can then say that you are in the BlueBird of Paradise.

Are you headed to the Hill for any of the baseball games this weekend with state?

-

There was a song years ago about a "Blue Lady". It may have been sung by the Little River Band, not sure. They did have a song called just "Lady". But "Blue Lady" sounds good anyways.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

biggrin.gif
Norman, how about Blue Velvet, since the car is sooo smooth running. Plus the smooth lines on it. Just a thought.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Mine will be named BluBird once she arrives. Kind of a double meaning with the blue birds that we have here and when I was in the service I drove a BlueBird school bus for a while.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full Blue/ Premium/VIN ??? / 21 of 26

Don't limit yourself to names with your bird's color. I named mine American Beauty because that's what she is. You might guess it was red, but it's actually blue. Most of the time I just call her the Beauty.

Norman, I thought long and hard for just the right name. For me the name had to be reminiscent of the fifties, have some sort of musical tie and, most of all, have a touch of class. So, I searched for fifties music and looked at every song tittle I could find. When I found Venus the search was over. I love the song; Venus is the Roman goddess of love; to top it off, Venus is sometimes referred to as the blue planet. Good luck with your search.

------------------
Charlie
VENUS, a Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent.
VIN 12778

Don't know why, but this one just popped in my head this morning. It comes from an old Chuck Berry song........"Mableen" Very retro.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

I have a red/red premium and knew right off
that it was a lady or Lady in Red, one of my
favorite singers has always been Barry Manilow and his song MANDY. It didn't take
me long to cruise to his music in the new
bird and name her "MANDY"
RONBON

The act of ascribing human traits to things not human is called anthropomorphizing. I strive to avoid this at all times.

You should never give a car a human name, they hate that.

Tom M

Norman;

We waited until we got our car to see what it's personality was like. When it came in It had some flaws in the paint that are almost invisilbe in certain light. They look almost like birthmarks or bruises. So the name "Bruiser" popped out. Granted it's not a very inspiring or mystical name but you know it's begining to grow on my wife and me and I think "Bruiser" even likes his name. (By the way, the burises will be removed after the Ga. Road Rally).

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

biggrin.gif
Ok, Norman, I wasn't going to name my car but you got me thinking. Here it is Misty Blue. I know this is a title of a song from the 80's I think, but can't remember it. Anyway, that is what I'll call my Bird.
tongue.gif

-

Blue Streak may fit

Norman-

Being a fan of the Jughead cartoons... I named her Veronica.

------------------
Steve W
VIN-1FAHP60A62Y110376

O K Guys...and girls; my first idea for a name is out. I was going to name the car "Vanna" since Vanna White of Wheel of Fortune is from North Myrtle Beach; but her father is my neighbor and my wife would not like the idea. However, should I obtain a white 2002 Thunderbird it will have the name "Vanna White".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back