Heater hoses install help on '66 with AC

P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need advise on routing the heater hoses on a '66 with AC. The shop manual states that the hose from the manifold goes to the water valve, so the hose going to the water pump should come from the other core connection, correct? I can't supply a picture as I have already removed most of the hoses. I think the previous owner had them wrong. He had the water pump connected to the valve. The intake manifold had a double connection, one hose ran past the carb and joined the other hose and connected to the core. As there is a Holley carb on it now, I don't need the choke heat hose and will eliminate the "Y" connector. Am I correct in going with the shop manual? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Update - I drew a diagram of how the hoses were connected and how I think they should be per the service manual.Heater hoses.jpg

Another question - what is the reason for the control unit under the right dash for the vacuum door locks? Why can't I just run a feed line to the rocker valve on the console, then just run the lock and unlock lines to the doors?
Thanks

I need advise on routing the heater hoses on a '66 with AC. The shop manual states that the hose from the manifold goes to the water valve, so the hose going to the water pump should come from the other core connection, correct? I can't supply a picture as I have already removed most of the hoses. I think the previous owner had them wrong. He had the water pump connected to the valve. The intake manifold had a double connection, one hose ran past the carb and joined the other hose and connected to the core. As there is a Holley carb on it now, I don't need the choke heat hose and will eliminate the "Y" connector. Am I correct in going with the shop manual? Thanks

I have a 66 with AC, the previous owner has deleted the y adapter and the heater. Have you solved the situation? Also the car has the Holley so no need for the y fitting.

Back