Have a Happy New Year & BE SAFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO EVERYONE on this board. Take this for what it is worth. I hope everyone here has a Safe new year. I usually don't preach but this is a special subject with me. Don't DRINK AND DRIVE. I went to see everyone driving their new Bird after tonight. Yes, I know you say I've done this for years and never got caught. Well getting Caught is the least of the problem. Say, I'm going to pick something up and I will be OK. Well, you never know, I though the same thing except sometimes it catches up with you. Been there , done that. One afternoon I felt the same way and did the same thing. Have done it for years. Well this time it bit me in the a--. They tell me that I lost control of my 69 Vette going around a 90 degree turn. I don't remember because I ended up with a concussion and lost about an hour out of my life. I ended up in a hard neck brace for 6 months and went through a bone fusion to my neck. Believe me , this is NO fun. Lost 7 month of work through this.
Well I could go on about this but I think you get the idea. If you want to drink that's fine, I will tonight, BUT I WON'T get behind the wheel.
P.S. The vette was put back together better then new, Can't say the same thing about me although I am able to walk around, that's a big thing to me.
Have a Happy!!

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks. I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year, as well.

Got some great news from the dealer today. The next bird is being built this week Vin number 8416. We're next! Looking for a delivery ETA of end of Feb. That works for us!!

Tommy T

Tommy, sounds great.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Gobird-

You were lucky, my friend.

I have been working and training as a volunteer EMT-P since 1998-had corpsman training as part of my military duties in the Navy-and have seen some of the most horrific sights imaginable responding to accidents involving DUI. The worst was one in my home state of Idaho on Highway 21 near Idaho City-that driver took out an entire family of 9, including the 2 new babies that mom and dad were taking home for the first time-that one will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Be safe, everyone-I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you next August!

------------------

Redbird-

Any sightings of 8391? It's a Thunderbird Blue Deluxe w/traction and Full Accent. It's my understanding it too should be in production, but was hoping to see it on 1/11 when I visit the plant. Looks like I might be a week late :-(.

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back