Have a 1992 Bird and need proper trim paint

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 1992 T-bird is losing some of the paint on the mirror housings and door pillars and I am looking for the proper or OEM paint code so I can repaint the bad areas. I cannot find anything in the way of paint code on the car and I don't want to use cheap rattle can paint, I prefer to do it right. I think I have looked everywhere but I am missing something in my search, can anyone help point me in the right direction? It looks to be some form of low luster black as far as I can tell. TIA

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My 1992 T-bird is losing some of the paint on the mirror housings and door pillars and I am looking for the proper or OEM paint code so I can repaint the bad areas. I cannot find anything in the way of paint code on the car and I don't want to use cheap rattle can paint, I prefer to do it right. I think I have looked everywhere but I am missing something in my search, can anyone help point me in the right direction? It looks to be some form of low luster black as far as I can tell. TIA
There should be a stick on the inside of the driver door that will have lots of info on it and there will be a paint code on there. For instance, mine was listed as MD.
I found replacement paint and clear coat on Amazon and did the search based on the color code.I got mine from Touch Up Express. You get a can of the paint and clearcoat for about $40.00

You can also take a small part in to a body shop supply store and they can use a spectrum analyzer to mix up an exact match.

Was'nt sure if the OP here was talking about the ext. paint color OR the dull black color on the trim around the rear windows OR the dull black color on that trim piece located between the doors and the rear windows ?

There should be a stick on the inside of the driver door that will have lots of info on it and there will be a paint code on there. For instance, mine was listed as MD.
I found replacement paint and clear coat on Amazon and did the search based on the color code.I got mine from Touch Up Express. You get a can of the paint and clearcoat for about $40.00
Don't use a cheep rattle can use areal good one like most body shops use sem if its low luster black go to a body shop supply paint store for any paint needs

Back