glam bird suspension mods

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
hi, I have a 68 bird, want to get 2-3" drop spindles or some method to lower the front........does anybody have any advice or direction? I have looked for drop spindles specifically for this model, none specifically, but am not sure what is compatible if anything. But fords are sometimes interchangeable? ....is there any other way besides drop spindles? need to keep the geometry close because of the weight on front from that cruise ship 429....lol PLEASE ANY help/advice is truly appreciated..........
PS the front is lowered to the stance in the pic by springs, I want this stanch but with proper steering geometry......HELP

My advice would be to start out by finding interchangeable stock parts through something like a Hollander manual. It will tell you all spindles that are interchangeable. Once that listing gives you all the various years and models you can start a search for someone who sells the dropped spindles for any of those models. I also saw a company called Global West Suspension. They list one part number spindle that covers Ford's and Mercury's of various years and models ranging from '61 through '88. Unfortunately they say it's out of stock. My point is that it lists many models using the same part number so you might be able to find what you're looking for elsewhere. Check out their information.
The only other thing I can think of is to find OEM part numbers and see what matches up then you can use that information to find your way

My advice would be to start out by finding interchangeable stock parts through something like a Hollander manual. It will tell you all spindles that are interchangeable. Once that listing gives you all the various years and models you can start a search for someone who sells the dropped spindles for any of those models. I also saw a company called Global West Suspension. They list one part number spindle that covers Ford's and Mercury's of various years and models ranging from '61 through '88. Unfortunately they say it's out of stock. My point is that it lists many models using the same part number so you might be able to find what you're looking for elsewhere. Check out their information.
The only other thing I can think of is to find OEM part numbers and see what matches up then you can use that information to find your way
Thanks for the good advice. I will try that.....pretty difficult but hope...

Back