Give me your tired, your hungry, your VINless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear yee......Hear yee

All us poor ptitful souls who are VINless!!!

It is time to rise up, unite, and fight the exil axis that would conspire against us to deprive us of that which is our birthright.

Just because SOME people, not only have a stinkin' VIN, but also the most beautiful, coolest ride around....do we care?

HELL NO!!!!

Let them be racking up unnecessary miles on their car while our cars sit in parts bins in
Wixom. They will be sorry one day when they tire of all the glorious and sunny afternoons cruising around with the top down and their odometer passes 36,000 and they're out of warranty while we are still a work-in-process.

We'll show them.

Just because they have their cars and all we have is some hollow promise from a dude in a loud sport coat and blue suede shoes, do you think we are worried even one little bit?

Now is the time for action...time for us to end our wimpering and snivelling ways.
Maybe the car is not so good, after all.
Maybe Gary Whitaker was right all along.

(This is the point where it's hard for me to keep a straight face any longer, folks.)

Maybe I'll learn to live without my 'Bird.

Yea, right. Maybe in another life.

Whew!!! Now I feel better already.

Thanks for listening.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Don't worry... I waited a year for my Blue /Blue /Full Blue... I was well worth the wait... Your car will be here before you know it... My call came when I least expected it... Hang in there!!!!... You will have the top off in no time....

joelja,

Didn't you hear, Wixom is on strike until they can get Pooh back, with a raise I might note.
wink.gif

joelga;

If you don't get your VIN soon I think we will have to sedate you or have you fitted for a straight jacket. Thunderbird Blue of course, with full blue interior. Seriously though, if you need to get a vigilante group together to go lynch you dealer count me in, I got some new rope. If patience is a virtue then I know several people who might qualify for sainthood.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Don't ya luv it when he vents? Speaking of venting, Joel, I just want you to know that yesterday was a gorgeous day to add those dredded miles to the totally vented (topless) car.
rolleyes.gif

Geez DavidA...and I thought we were pals!! I think Joel and I are going to throw a party when we get our VIN's...seems like we're the last of the Atlanta bunch...this better be the week!!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

biggrin.gif
-- I really DO feel for you guys. I know how tough it is to wait and feel so fortunate I got my black car so early. Just to help you feel a bit better, I ordered my blue one the same day as my black, and it too is still vinless. Joel and I are in a horse race to see who gets theirs first. I promised him my Blue car if it comes in before his.

Incidentally, we have some GREAT surprises for you on the Great Georgia Road Rally on May 4th. I think it's going to be GREAT, so even if you don't have your cars, make sure you come anyway. I promise you all a fantastic time!

There you go, flybrd.

You tell 'em.
Just cause they have their cars and we can't even get a serial number....does that make us any the lesser human beings?

They'll all be sorry in several years when they are all going through ground-up restorations and my and your car are brand spanking new.

That'll show 'em.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

-

Joel,

Want me to bring Amadeus back to Atlanta & let you take a spin? Sounds like David is hogging his blackBird and won't share with you!

Believe me....it'll be worth the wait. Just practice driving until then, perfecting your "hey, fool, watch where you're driving and quit getting so close to my car while you are driving down the road" manuevers. They'll come in handy soon enough!

I ordered my red/red back in November. The good news was that I was lucky enough to get #6. The bad news was "out of 5." By the time I get a VIN, I'll probably be too senile to know what that means!

Jim

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
joelja, KISS OFF we got ours and YOU DON'T. Just kidding, but believe me the wait is worth it even if a PT Cruser HITS your Bird. Even if it is a little damanaged you will love this car. As you have read we got HIT but it still doesn't take away from the car. This is the best car I have ever owned period.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

No longer VINless....but I still feel a part of the carless, VINless, pititful souls with whom I have suffered lo these many decades.

Just 'cause I have a VIN I will not abandon you. Come join me..... "on the other side".

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

-

Joel, Congratulations. Perhaps we both will get new cars soon. We won't have to show up for the great Atlanta area Thunderbird events as "wannabe's". No more finger pointing and snickering from the "Real Owners".

Boy, when we get ours, we won't look down on the "waiters" cause "we've been there".

You are right behind me (a few days) down the line - I'm 115662. (Ours will be perfect - no bugs) Duane

wink.gif
RedBirdDlx, Beleive me we've ALL been there and any thing said is just having fun.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back