Get the Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest issue of Scoop - the ************************ periodical - has Lon's yellow Bird on the cover moving through the landscape. Great story inside, as well. This was put together, of course by our Birdman, and it is a wonderful combination of material for those of us with both old and the new Birds. Highly recommend that all you new Bird owners that don't belong to an auto club (specifically for Birds) head over to: http://fordthunderbirdforum.org. Join up and get your own issue of the Scoop.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

2birdblue, what is the differance between the VTC and the ITC. I just joined the ITC a month ago. Seems like they do about the same thing. Was just wondering.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Gobird, I am under the impression,(i asked) that the ITC , at this time, has no provisions for us in their bylaws.(or whatever they call them) Where as the **** welcomes us inclusively.

Yellowwing - You got it right
biggrin.gif
!

yellowwing1 & 2bluebird, sorry but I have to disagree with both of you. I called the contact at ITC,both at the national level and the local chapter and they both said my Bird would be welcome in their club. The club president also has bought a 02 Bird. Talked to the local treasurer and her husband, that get this, have 15 T-Birds and they can't wait to see mine.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

If my memory is correct the ITC does not allow for '02 Birds competitive show judging. I believe they only allow informal display of our cars. The **** has competitive judging for the new as well as old Birds. Please correct me if I am wrong.

birdbrain, I think you are right on that part of it.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

To give some perspective of **** and ITC-ITC split off from **** when the leadership at the time in question decided that **** would encompass all years of Thunderbirds, which at that time meant 1955-1993. Up until that time, everyone was welcome, but only the classic or vintage Thunderbirds were allowed to participate in Concours events-vintage meaning the 55-66. It's my understanding that the way everything was decided hurt some feelings, and Dr Schatz and his followers decided to form their own group.

I realize that I am not one to talk about hurt feelings. I am trying in my own way to understand how the folks at ITC feel, and just maybe I can help in resolving some of those past issues. I'm only one person-but if just one person steps forward and says, "Hey, we all love Thunderbirds-what can I do to make you feel more welcome at our events?", then just maybe we can all start having co-hosted events, where everyone can have a good time. BTW-the treasurer and her husband better hurry if they want to catch me-I found a great deal on a 64 HT-which would bring my personal collection to 17! *Smile*

------------------
**********, **************************

-

Birdman93 I've also joined the Mid-Atlantic Thunderbird Club. Is this a branch of ITC? I though it is.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

2BlueBird thanks for the kind words on my story. I'm not much of a writer but this was a little easier as it basically was stating the facts as they transpired.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

GoBird , I stand by what I said, I talked to the president and he told me we would not be abe to show our cars and a few other things. I will not be a member where I am restricted in any way. I want to be a full voting member.

-

Just to clear the air a little on the ITC. It was formed in the mid-1990's because of a dispute between the then president and treasurer over several maatters that really don't need to be addressed here. It got pretty nasty, with some very deragatory, and ultimately determined to be unfounded, allegaytions from the president toward the treasurer. As a result, a group of longterm **** members, including many of the founding members, and 20+, year members such as my wife and I, left **** to join/establish ITC. The fun of the hobby was being challenged, and we were not going to let that happen. After all, that's what it is all about.It had nothing to do with accepting all year TBirds. In fact, ITC did this from the beginning-**** followed suit later to the best of my recollection. I agree with Tony that a uniform/joint effort would have it's benefits, much as we see with Mustang, Corvette, Mercedes Benz, etc. But it just won't happen any time soon because of the bitter carry over feelings that still exist.

As for acceptance of the '02 Bird by the ITC, I am not certain where the info is coming from that the ITC will not include them in judging, etc. Since there are so few of them out there, judging guidelines are still in the development stage. The ITC has adapted judging to every vintage of TBird, through the 1997, so adding the 2002 will not be a problem. And, as an '02 owner, along with the national club president, we are certainly doing everything to get them "on line" ASAP. I personnally am making every effort to include the '02's in club activities, to include maybe specific activities, especially in the MATC.

As a final note, regarding the MATC, it is an ITC affiliate. It is one of the strongest chapters in the ITC from both a membership number, interest and experience standpoint. It is about the only game in town if you live in the Maryland/Virginia/DC/So Pennsylvania area. It is a very active chapter, with regular meetings and functions. If interested in more info about the MATC, contact me @ panow@erols.com.

Tony:

That is the reason that we established MATC as a separate club rather than just being an ITC chapter. Both clubs lost very good talent as a result of the split, but there are still some good friendships in place across the club barriers. And many ITC members have remained **** members. I see the new Bird generating increased interest in TBirding, and TBird related activities, so clubs should benefit from this as well. We'll just have to see what happens...

Skip

Red/Red/Red Premium, #101678

Skip, Birdman, I wish I could be that easily convinced. I am looking for the email that I recieived from the head guy of ITC , telling me that we (2002)were not fully accepted yet. I want to mingle with other TBird owners , and not feel like I don't belong. Who knew this would be so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back