General 2002-2005 T-Bird parts question

350xfire
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys, I am getting ready to replace many of the wear items on my 2002. Items like rubber hoses, suspension components, drive belt, valve cover gaskets and may be up tot he timing chain.

I was wondering if there are any opinions on the parts that work? I see many brands, especially at Rock Auto. Are there major differences between the "cheap" parts and the more expensive like the AC Delco/Motorcraft brands?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would be careful with suspension parts and try to stay in the middle of a price range, staying away from the big packages which give you a lot of parts at the same time. I got burned on a rear trailing arm as it lasted less than six months and then I replaced it with a FORD OEM part. The Ford OEM was a thicker rod metal and it was of better quality. I purchased MOOG control arms off of Amazon also and they seem to be good parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back