Gauges problem 1966

old timer

old timer

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Every so often my gauges go to the right. I shut off the engine for a while and everything clears up on the gages. Do I have a circuit breaker problem? If so what next?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help us by following the posting instructions. "I Have a 66 Bird" does not summarize your post. I have revised your subject for you.
model-year-TBF.jpg

Every so often my gauges go to the right. I shut off the engine for a while and everything clears up on the gages. Do I have a circuit breaker problem? If so what next?
Sounds like tge regulator for the gauges. I used s solid state version that cost about 15.00 instead of original equipment. But I am merely making mine work, rather than attempting to restore to original. I believe several of the parts housescarry an original type for under 50.

I did say that my bird is a 66. Where did you get the tge Regular? What does tge stand for?

I think Andrew meant to type the regulator and not tge regulator. The g is right next to the h on the computer keyboard.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

I think Andrew meant to type the regulator and not tge regulator. The g is right next to the h on the computer keyboard.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
That makes sence

Back