gauge issue......

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Last seen
I have a 96 tbird lx 3.8 v6 and right now the gas gauge is stuck all the way to the right which is full, does any1 know how i can see if its the wireing if not i guess i'll just get a sending unit and hope its the issue.

Another issue is which I believe it doesnt got anything to do with the fuel gauage not working, is, once in a while while just driving around the check gauge light comes on becuase i notice that the temp and oil pressure gauge goes down to the left, basically not working, then all of a sudden its working fine.

Let me give a brief history of car, Its got another motor with 60,000 miles on it off a 96 mercury cougar car so my mechanic did a R&R and ever since then the gauge acts up, I think the issue might be and if some1 can tell where the connector is at for those gauges i can check it out, I think that when the shop finish the car they always spray some stuff the makes the whole engine, hoses basically under the hood look all shiny and new, like some dealers use to make the engine look new, well i think that might have gumed up the connecters because i notice my power cable that runs to the amp in the truck thats connect to the pos battery terminal and then where right after the pos battery terminal theres the fuse box thingy for the power cable for amp got all gummy residue which the amp will work then not work so i had to clean it off now it gets better contact.

Can some1 help thax.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back