Front Door glass channel R & R 1956

Working on the right door of our '56 and I would like to renew the glass channel ( fuzzy ) as the fabric is falling off. I have the repro channel from CASCO. Looking at the service manual I see all the adjustment points but after removing those few screws I still can't slide the chrome housing up and out. What is the trick to pulling this. I really don't want to pull electric motor and window glass ass
y.

jack-in-sac

Working on the right door of our '56 and I would like to renew the glass channel ( fuzzy ) as the fabric is falling off. I have the repro channel from CASCO. Looking at the service manual I see all the adjustment points but after removing those few screws I still can't slide the chrome housing up and out. What is the trick to pulling this. I really don't want to pull electric motor and window glass ass
y.
Are you talking about the front pillar channel? I do not recommend moving the pillar withour indexing it first. The pillar moves in several planes and can be very frustrating to realign. when I had our car painted I did not do this. I got one pillar adjusted pretty well in a short afternoon. The second pillar took a day of trial and error to align.

I've got the "whiskers" for the door panel but the originals are stapled. Not sure how to adhere them . The side channels just seemed to pop in. Now I just need to pull the gearboxes for my power windows and clean and replace the old hard grease.

Yes front pillar holds fuzzy track for glass and its well past worn/rotted away. Pillars on both sides have never been in correct alignment and after starting to tear this apart i found screw at bottom of pillar that holds pillar fast and adjusts it was removed sometime in the past. All obvoious hardware ( all little screws) has now been removed but although pillar moves around it will not pull up andout. Since electric window and door panel is now off I have not reconnected wires to complete circuit. Window currently is about an inch from being all the way up. Should I repower switch and run glass down and then maybe pillar will come up and out ??

I've got the "whiskers" for the door panel but the originals are stapled. Not sure how to adhere them . The side channels just seemed to pop in. Now I just need to pull the gearboxes for my power windows and clean and replace the old hard grease.
I have replaced these on a couple birds. Usually the cat whiskers come with a dozen or so staples. Same size as ones on cork that goes on front of air cleaner. I use a .070" diam drill bit and ignoring original holes where factory had staples I drill thru the whisker into the original mount. push staple thru your new holes and bend legs over with large pliers. Yes the outer whiskers pop into slots in door easily. Sometimes a bit of #M adhesive helps keep them tight.