Ford of Tulsa Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just notified today that I'm one of 50 finalists in the local drawing for a T-bird (yellow hardtop). For some reason, I have insanely good luck in these drawings. I signed up when I went to pick up my '02 GT. The drawing party is this Saturday, so wish me luck.
We wouldn't be keeping it, but it would be great to drive around for a few weeks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you do happen to win, be careful about driving it for a while. First, it may lower the resale value and second, once you get behind the wheel you may not be able to give it up.
smile.gif

Yeah, I've considered both.

But I would consider selling it at or slightly below MSRP, so I wouldn't be supremely worried about depleating it's resale value. I'm not out to goudge somebody (like a dealer). On the other hand, if the dealer offered 40K in exchange, I'd probably just take it.

As far as your second point, I don't think anything in Ford's lineup would pry me away from my Mustang. Now my wife would be the one who would have trouble giving it up. Her Alero is sporty and nice, but it's no T-bird. I think she would just have to settle for a new supercharged Xterra.

Oh yeah, I forgot

If (probably when) I don't win, I still get a T-bird replica model and a certificate for $100 in service/repairs. I hope I can use it for parts instead. Papa needs a new shift knob!

Originally posted by Indiefab:
I was just notified today that I'm one of 50 finalists in the local drawing for a T-bird (yellow hardtop). For some reason, I have insanely good luck in these drawings. I signed up when I went to pick up my '02 GT. The drawing party is this Saturday, so wish me luck.
We wouldn't be keeping it, but it would be great to drive around for a few weeks!

If you win, keep in mind they are going to bust your rear with taxes. The dealer that has the car will probably offer to buy it before it is titled. Take the money to your broker, pay the taxes and in 10 years instead of having a 10,000-12,000 car you will have some $$$$$$$$.

If your bank account is already fat, take the Bird.

TBird

Hey Indiefab,

I live southeast of Tulsa. Never got to take the test drive for the chance at the T-bird. Is the bird in question already in hand? Is it Thunderbird Blue like on the commercial or will you have a choice? Can't believe you were lucky enough to get in the final drawing. With my luck they could have had 51 names in the hopper and I'd have missed the cut. Guess I can't really say that since I was lucky enough to get my bird without actually ordering one. Goodluck and expect a nice fat tax bill if you win it. Depending on your tax bracket, I'd guess $15-20K. If you really don't want the car, you should work out a deal with the dealer for some cash.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back