Ford Collection

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yellowwing1

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Just got my Ford Collection box. It contained the Brushed Chrome Book ends and a Great little book. It came in a great looking box. Is this the first package, and was it supposed to have a vin#? Great looking gift, early Christmas present. Joy

I was advised by the 800 # personnel that the
Thunderbird Collection is not available to
Canadian buyers, even though my dealer was
asked twice for home address data by Ford.

Yellowwing1: I also just got mine - the first package. I guess we're out of sequence with the others and we'll get the second package when most others get their third. At least we're getting them now

Received my first shipment from the Ford Collection on Thursday 11/27/01. The book ends and red book are very nice. I don't know if I will display them or keep them in the box eather.

I realize that this has nothing to do with the collection, but in the back of the Motor Trend COTY issue, a company called Taxor has a Thunderbird watch available. Their website doesn't show it yet, but the address is:
www.taxor.com

The watch has a suggested retail of $40.

------------------

Birdman93

Tony, please keep me posted on this item....I have a couple friends in my area that would be interested. I too may be interested after I see it in reality. Leave it to you to be the innovative one!!! Thanks
Happy Holidays

12/03/01 I can't believe what happened today. I've mentioned before that I have 2 birds on order from different dealers. The 1st ordered in Jan. the 2nd in May. I received the book ends from #2 in Aug and yesterday 12/03 I thought I was getting my second delivery but got another set of bookends from dealer #1. Looks like my original dealer registered me a little late. Has anyone got the 2nd gift yet? I guess I'll get 2 whenever. LOL

------------------
Jim Williams

Have a request for those of you that are hunting down any of the collectibles for the Thunderbirds-and it doesn't matter what year. Gearbox Collectibles out of-you'd never believe this one-Cedar Rapids, Iowa-has put out a set of Limited Edition Thunderbird Pedal Cars in what looks to be a 1/43 scale. Kay-Bee Toys is carrying them-I found four of the Texaco Red cars, and two of the Texaco Sky Chief red cars, for $2.99 each.

These are great little models, and are limited to 9600 Black, 9600 Red and 2400 Green in either series.

If anyone happens to see any of these diecast models, please grab as many as you can, and email me. I plan on using these little wonders as part of the goodie bags I'm putting together for Thunder on 66.

BTW, Dot-Kay-Bee here in CR has ordered me 6 of the Maisto 1/18 scale White 2002 Thunderbirds-and these models have the 7-spoke chrome wheels on them. I'm not sure when they'll come in, but I have your name on one of them!

------------------

That sounds great, birdman93. Of course, why didn't I ask my local K-B about doing that too?? no hurry on them. Glad to hear that the wheel style has changed.

My local K-B also HAD the pedal cars but the lines were too long after Thanksgiving and when I went back to check a few days later - they were gone. Maybe they'll restock them.

Dot-do what I did-dig through what's on the display! I found the ones I picked up quite by accident.

------------------

believe me, I dig - no luck. find the other colors but these (the white maisto) are new so may not have reached all their stores yet. The others (gearbox) have been around for several years.

Thanks, Racer!!

Hopefully I can get enough of them-they'll be excellent little gifts to go into the goodie bags that Ford, Hemmings, Route 66 and I are putting together.

------------------

Birdman93:

Tony, I bought the lot of 8 of the Texaco/Sky Chief Thunderbird pedal cars at our Kay-Bee, if you are still interested in them (I'll probably keep 1). Let me know and I will email you with more details. Also, I did a search on eBay, and found there is a slightly larger version of the same car (9" long x 3-3/8" wide) that has steerable front wheels and a "hidden" coin bank in the trunk. (Search for Texaco Collectible Thunderbird.)
I had started a new thread called Diecast models/pedal cars to contact you because I couldn't find this thread, but through perserverance (and IE's history feature) I finally did find this. Guess I could have emailed you directly.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 225K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back