Emails alert that lead nowhere

WesTxStoner425

WesTxStoner425

2004 Platinum over Sand interior
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I've gotten alerts about topics I'm interested in, but when I click on them, the moderator has moved them, but there is no link to find them. This happened twice today. Apparently they were posted to the wrong topic, but why not just redirect me to the proper forum/post by a direct link? I know it is just an extra step, but it feels like I'm being scolded for OP's mistake. Using the "Click Here To Continue " just sends me to the forums front page. Just a thought, I love the overall Tbird forum.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I've gotten alerts about topics I'm interested in, but when I click on them, the moderator has moved them, but there is no link to find them. This happened twice today. Apparently they were posted to the wrong topic, but why not just redirect me to the proper forum/post by a direct link? I know it is just an extra step, but it feels like I'm being scolded for OP's mistake. Using the "Click Here To Continue " just sends me to the forums front page. Just a thought, I love the overall Tbird forum.

When you click one of those links, it tells you the post was DELETED OR MOVED. How are you supposed to get a link to find a deleted post?
99% of what is asked on the forum could be answered if people would read.

Example-

Also, posts that are moved have a redirect for a day or two. If you wait 2 days to check the email, you will not get redirected to the moved post.

@biddle Thanks for the clarification. I now understand that the email alert that I'm reading was sent before you moved the post to its proper spot. I guess I'm just used to other sites where you will get a redirect (which doesn't usually expire) to the exact new location of the post. It would be true to say that I've been spoiled by the convenience of modern technology, and expect everything to be just a click away. No offense or disrespect is aimed at you; I appreciate the hard work you must face in running such a wide-ranging forum. I've learned a lot, and am still learning more everyday. I'm leaking knowledge like a sieve, so I really need to keep re-filling daily...unfortunately, it feels like I'm trying to fill a dump truck with a teacup! Thanks again.

@biddle I guess I'm just used to other sites where you will get a redirect (which doesn't usually expire) to the exact new location of the post.
Not offended. Again, If a post is deleted, you don't get redirected. Why would a spam post be redirected for example? Sometimes there is nothing to redirect to.
Permenantly redirecting a post is a poor practice for SEO from my experience. We want the post gone before Google tries to index it. Two days is plenty. There is no reason to have a permanent redirect, perhaps their software does not support it like ours.

Back