Duramat and sound deadening 1955 bird---good idea or not ?

HRUVDT564
Last seen
I am at the stage in my project were I have to decide on installing heat and sound deadening. I hear a lot of road noise when driving. With new floor installed and paint to start next week it's time.
Is there a downside ? Would it hurt value or increase?]

Next question would be, how far back to put it. My initial idea was to cover the entire floor to include trunk i actually have the duramat and new carpet for the cabin and the trunk
Has anyone one else installed it in their birds?
It worked wonders on my last project ( but it wasn't a bird)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am at the stage in my project were I have to decide on installing heat and sound deadening. I hear a lot of road noise when driving. With new floor installed and paint to start next week it's time.
Is there a downside ? Would it hurt value or increase?]

Next question would be, how far back to put it. My initial idea was to cover the entire floor to include trunk i actually have the duramat and new carpet for the cabin and the trunk
Has anyone one else installed it in their birds?
It worked wonders on my last project ( but it wasn't a bird)
Insulate firewall under the dash. A lot of heat comes in from the engine. Insulate the the floor well. Extreme heat comes through the floor from the exhaust system. Also the more insulation installed the quieter the ride.

I installed the NOICO 80 mil sound deadening mat in mine and absolutely love it. I installed it in the doors as well. Really happy I did the doors btw. Will it hurt or help value I don't think it'll change anything either way but it'll make for a more enjoyable drive which is what I was looking for. Good luck.

Insulate firewall under the dash. A lot of heat comes in from the engine. Insulate the the floor well. Extreme heat comes through the floor from the exhaust system. Also the more insulation installed the quieter the ride.
How have you seen the effects on value? I have new floors and have pictures of the restoration. The underside is clean rust free and undercoated. ( To include those new braces ) ;)

How have you seen the effects on value? I have new floors and have pictures of the restoration. The underside is clean rust free and undercoated. ( To include those new braces ) ;)
I think as long. As you have pics to show what was done. You should be okay. As for value, I don't believe it has much to do with value. It's just a nice step for comfort while driving. But, that's just my opinion. I didn't insulate my 1st rebuild and it was hot, hot, hot driving in warm weather. My 2nd restoration I insulated. It's the only way to go.

The. Value is that you will be able to drive the in comfort, the heat shields on the mufflers will also help cut down on the heat on the floor.
I would say that if anything the car would be more valuable and desirable for anyone who intends on driving the car on any long distances.
First time I drove mine, I went les than a mile and had to turn around and go home.
The only way I could drive in the summer was with the top off or down.

Back