Did any of the 1966 cars have neutral safety on transmission?

Mine does. Also on my steering column

Mine does. Also on my steering column
Ok thanks but that really confuses me. Was that factory? I'm trying to find out why this car won't start and I found that the previous owner disconnected anything that had to do with the emergency brake including the neutral safety and I see that there is a neutral safety on the transmission as well.

Mine can do a no start when tge steering column is shifted too far right.

Yes it is factory. The one on ghe transmission takes a lot of abuse. When I dropped my transmission I replaced it. It was tricky getting it to work at first.

I'm asking because mine does and I'm thinking it's a newer model and part of my no start condition.
It's possible, but a warm wire is a bad sign. There should be no warm wires anywhere. Your idea of tracing the wire from the solenoid is a great idea. Do you have 12 volts on the battery terminal of the solenoid? You mentioned in an earlier post that the IGN. fuse kept blowing. Chase both wires from the solenoid and I think you will find a chafing or maybe even a short. At least it will lead you to where it terminates or has just been bypassed and that connection has failed. I found a bad wire going to my horn relay had been chafed through by a body clamp.

Mine can do a no start when tge steering column is shifted too far right.
The fat man slide is stuck and I can barely move it to the right.
Yes it is factory. The one on ghe transmission takes a lot of abuse. When I dropped my transmission I replaced it. It was tricky getting it to work at first.
Curious why can't I see that on any wiring diagram? I wonder how the 2are connectted?

It's possible, but a warm wire is a bad sign. There should be no warm wires anywhere. Your idea of tracing the wire from the solenoid is a great idea. Do you have 12 volts on the battery terminal of the solenoid? You mentioned in an earlier post that the IGN. fuse kept blowing. Chase both wires from the solenoid and I think you will find a chafing or maybe even a short. At least it will lead you to where it terminates or has just been bypassed and that connection has failed. I found a bad wire going to my horn relay had been chafed through by a body clamp.
In my tracing I found a yellow wire that looks like it goes to the trans switch that fell apart. Maybe that's my issue? I'm going to check it after dinner. I have all the books but none of them show a switch on the transmission.

Back