Dash trim 1957 Stainless?

C

cscolastico

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm undertaking a project to buff out whatever trim I can. I am on the dashboard trim adjacent to the windshield at the moment. It has numerous fine scratches. Can someone tell me if this trim is stainless, chrome or aluminum? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The long peices are stainless and can be buffed (a lot of time, but can be done.) The inner and outer dog legs are chromed. I buffed mine on a bench grinder, took about 40 hrs for a novice. Took the dog legs to a chrome shop. They wanted about the same price to buff those pieces as to chrome the dog legs. I'll see if I still have pics. Mine is a 55. Don't think they changed at 56 or 7

Thanks. I'm just beginning to try my hand at buffing. I buffed the stainless trim on the top of the door windows, and, like you said, it took me about a week to get it right

For best results you can have the stainless pieces chromed. They will match the dog legs better.

Back