Courtesy lights on 1964 T Bird hardtop

64ZCODE

64ZCODE

Last seen
Viewing thread 1962 needs 12 volts to coil 100%
Thunderbird Year
Hi all. My '64 T Bird hardtop has courtesy lights in the quarter panels above the back seat. I need to replace bulbs and lenses. It looks like perhaps the bezels can be removed by twisting them out, however no go so far and I don't want to damage them in the process. Any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Extremely brittle. My son poked his finger right through the lens while taking it for a ride one night. I went through Pat Wilson Thunderbird when he was at Spring Carlisle PA. And picked up two of those lands. I think it just pops off. I'll have to check when I mess with Misty (64 t-bird) again in the garage.

Thanks Dan, any further input will be much appreciated. By the way, the courtesy light and map light lenses are available through the Bird Nest site.

Thanks Wide Glider, right you are. The bezels easily pried out with a little help from a thin screwdriver. Old yellow lenses have been replaced with nice new white ones. I already replaced the map light lenses last week. Can hardly wait until it's dark outside and I can open the door to the 'bird and bask in the ambience...I guess it really is the little things in life, right?

Back