Converting gauges on a 1964 Tbird

ak7an
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I read that the 2 1/16 inch autometer gauges can be installed in the original gauge locations. Was wondering if anyone here has done the conversion, and would you be interested in sharing the procedure?
Thanks
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I read that the 2 1/16 inch autometer gauges can be installed in the original gauge locations. Was wondering if anyone here has done the conversion, and would you be interested in sharing the procedure?
Thanks
Ed

Interested as well, hmm - I thought about a conversion, would be interested to see! May just keep mine as they are and install a small cluster elesewhere.

I downloaded the wiring diagram and have plotted out where to install relays for the headlights and the switched part of the fusebox, I plan on scanning it and using Microsoft Paint, I can edit it and make it look readable.. Looks to me like if you use the original sensors the aftermarket gauges would work using the CVR. The Autometer Prestige Ivory would look really nice, but if I can get the factory gauges working that can com later. I also am going to install a 1 wire alternator, so the ammeter will need to be replaced with a voltmeter.
Take care
Ed

I downloaded the wiring diagram and have plotted out where to install relays for the headlights and the switched part of the fusebox, I plan on scanning it and using Microsoft Paint, I can edit it and make it look readable.. Looks to me like if you use the original sensors the aftermarket gauges would work using the CVR. The Autometer Prestige Ivory would look really nice, but if I can get the factory gauges working that can com later. I also am going to install a 1 wire alternator, so the ammeter will need to be replaced with a voltmeter.
Take care
Ed

I am severely lacking in diagrams - could you hook a fella up when you scan it? I will PM you with my email address.
Don

I would be happy to. I can scan the original and send it, and the send the modified one too, if you would like?
Take care
Ed

I would be happy to. I can scan the original and send it, and the send the modified one too, if you would like?
Take care
Ed

YES PLEASE! THANK YOU!

Back