Convertible Hold Down Claps Loose?

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had noticed the Convertible Top was not held down as tight as it once was against the windshield frame.
On investigation I found both left and right hold down hooks have a roll-pin that moved away from one side causing the J hook not to be able to clamp the top to the windshield frame.
So it does not pull tight when you push up on the convertible top locking handle.

I simply pushed the rolls pins back in with a flat screw driver. and now the top is held down tight.Convrt top lrg.jpg roll pin sliding out.jpg pin back in.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Suggest you include the year in the post title and correct the spelling. Good tip!

Bubblehog, I tried but to change the loose to lose but I can't find an edit. I thought that ALL the top hold downs are the same. But I have a 2003 bought it new, as 67,000 miles.

Loose is ok. It’s missing an “m” in “clamp.”

The year in the title is important for searches and for the subscription emails.

I had the same problem, thanks for the detail. I was able to match the pin back to the hole and wiggle it back in.

But is there nothing holding the pin in? Both sides look pretty much the same (no cotter pin etc.)

Back