Compressor oil for replacement york compressor 65 tbird

seeker2736

seeker2736

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just purchased a new compressor and have retrofitted to A134R for my 1965. The new compressor is a York it came with 3 oz of oil how much more oil do I need to Top it off

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just purchased a new compressor and have retrofitted to A134R for my 1965. The new compressor is a York it came with 3 oz of oil how much more oil do I need to Top it off
If I remeber correctly there is a plug on the side of the case much like a fiil and level check for a manual ttransmission. Check with the manufacturer. Good luck, J.

On my Tecumseh The dipstick should read 3/4" of oil. You will have to create your own dipstick out of something thin and flexible. You will also need to isolate the compressor from the rest of the system before opening the compressor to check the oil level. There should be valves at the compressor to do this.

Hi, can you just add a new compressor to an old system or do you need to replace the condenser, drier and all the other stuff too?? Thanks

Definitely replace the drier and as many o-rings as you can. If you ever take the dash out of the car, then also replace the expansion valve.

Definitely replace the drier and as many o-rings as you can. If you ever take the dash out of the car, then also replace the expansion valve.
Typically I've just put the dash back in though the lower parts and centre consul I have yet to do (1962 Bird). Is the drier the cylinder attached to the condenser rad?

Back