Coming soon! Chrome tail light rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Sorry no photos yet but I've just received word that aftermarket Thunderbird chrome tail light rings are entering production and will sell for $110 a pair. I would hope that they are a thin, subtle look. Photos within days…

This Chip Foose Thunderbird has chrome tail light rings but this is not the company that will begin making and offering them for sale within days. I would hope they look this good however.

Attachments

• foose.jpg
    foose.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 200
"Quickdraw",how will they be held in place?... They look very nice, but I'm a little concerned about this...I wouldn't want to lose one and not be able to buy the only one I lost, or worse, being told that they're no longer available after several years! :(

Thanks, 'bye!
Claude. :cool:

Claude, I don't know yet how those are attached but I assume just adhesive. Thats the same way all the Thunderbird badging is applied on our cars. I would hope its adhesive only - I wouldn't like to drill holes in the tail light.

Jack, those blue dots may look OK! Do you know what diameter those are? I'd want to buy a set of spare tail lights ($108 ea.) before dilling holes however. Plus sealing them to prevent water from entering the lens would be a concern.

Heres photos of the chrome tail light rings for $110 a set...
http://www.apadco.com/auto/trim.html

They are a little too much for me - Id much prefer the subtle narrow chrome ring like the Foose concept has.

Wow...I like them! Makes the car look really classy. Beautiful on a black bird, just wondering Harry, if they would look as sharp on our blue birds? Any opinions out there?
Julie

The rings look OK from the rear but from the top looks like too much chrome - I think there is another company developing rings - I'll wait to see those. I understand these rings are available for $80.

No, haven't got the car out yet but I hear this Sunday its going to be 70 degrees... <BIG GRIN>

I think these are nice looking rings, as are the Foose rings. However, either is too much for me. I have always kept pretty much original. All I have done to Lil Yeller is put glasspacks on in place of the muffler, put on intertwined V8 scripts and chrome bezel.

I am also leaving mine pretty much as is. All I have added is the porthole decals and the T-Bird emblem stickers to cover the ugly stickers on the sun visors.

I would like to see a set without the center cross bar. Something about that turns me off. For now, I will just remain stock in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back