Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone else have any ideas that would be cool for the site? I can do database stuff so I was thinking about making a database for people to keep track and display the VIN's.

What about a link to a database showing repair and maintenance records?

Also -- perhaps video chat?

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

Tbird -- what about setting up an option so the board remembers our password. Personally, I hate having to register every time I want to post a message.

Tbird, how about a photo album for members and their rides? I see you wisely prohibited images from signatures, but it would be nice to connect names with faces.

Originally posted by DavidA:
Tbird -- what about setting up an option so the board remembers our password. Personally, I hate having to register every time I want to post a message.

If you go to preferences this should allow you to set cookies to do this.

T-Bird

Originally posted by gmadams:
The chat room is open....

Yes, the chatroom is always open. Perhaps now that the group is larger, more scheduled chats can be set.

tbird,

What do you have in the way of a database program. I am tracking things in Excel97 and then exporting it to Yahoo. If you have something that is more user friendly, that may be the way to go.

Let me know.

------------------
Joe O'Donnell
St. Pete, FL
res08cfi@***********
2002 Bird in Hand
Black Premium, Black Top, Black Accent
VIN 102532

jodrod, I just noticed your, bird in hand. That is a small town east of York close to Lancaster called by the same name. We also have a town called Blue Balls. Not kidding really. That's the real name of the town posted along Rt. 30 These Pa. Dutch people are real swingers.

Yes my mistake I knew there was another one but could not think of it.That's what happens when you get older , you don't think of things like THAT. At least my wife doesn't.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan.7/12
69 Vette
73 MGB
95 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Originally posted by jodrod:

tbird,

What do you have in the way of a database program. I am tracking things in Excel97 and then exporting it to Yahoo. If you have something that is more user friendly, that may be the way to go.

Let me know.

I could take that excel database and export the existing information into an Access database. Then I could make an .asp file on the web site to search that database and display the results. Also, could have a web based form to enter new entries into the database.

TBird

tbird, how about giving members the ability to delete their posts? I accidentally submitted a reply to a message I was trying to update and later discovered I couldn't delete it. Thanks.

How do I get to the chatroom? When I try to join it says something about a firewall or that it's unavailable...am I missing something?

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back