CDs won't Eject "CD Error" | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

CDs won't Eject "CD Error"

• Thread starter Thread starter ddavis2109
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D
I can't eject any of my CDs and receive a error message "CD Error". I switched to the radio and back to CD. The player tries to eject the CD, then gives the "CD Error" message.

Any one else had this problem or a solution???? Help!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

heres what i do. when the tray door opens, i reach in with a fingernail file and press down on the cd a couple times. that usually gets it to eject. if not, try again. tip-put cotch tape on the nail file so as not to damage the cd.

CD Error

I had the same problem with my 2002 but my CD Door will not open,,,I just
get the CD Error when I try to eject or play a CD.

After a while (when the vehicle has been turned off and back on) I can get
the CD player to play but it still will not eject so I can re-load a different CD.

There is one slot of the 6 CD changer that does not have a CD,,,,if seems it's
stuck at that slot position because I cannot see a CD when I manually open the CD Door.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
TJ

I believe I saw somewhere, that someone used a credit card as a guide to eject a CD - Try it, nothing to lose

Just posted this Here's some data I've collected over time:

"When my CD player malfunctioned, I did an "All Eject". I don't have my manual with me right now, but that's where you'll find how to do it. Just unload them all, and fill them up again."
another said:
"If, by chance, a CD is stuck in the player, just lift the door and use a credit card, or another CD to gently push it up, right under the edge of the stuck CD. It should come on out."

OR:
"Eject one slot at a time, stick something flat like a credit card or another cd in the slot as it opens to eject and tip the credit card downwards. Usually the stuck cd will pop right out if you can make contact with whatever flat edge tool you use. You need to do this on each slot, sometimes it takes more than one try and remember more than one cd could be stuck in one slot, so keep doing it till you are sure all cd's are out of each slot."

And finally:
"The way to "eject all" is to push the EJ button and hold it down for a few seconds until the radio indicates "ejecting all" and it starts ejecting."

Now that may be the best I found!! Keep us posted
on the other thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back