cd error | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

cd error

• Thread starter Thread starter dchamb
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a new cd yesterday, put it in and played it. Got home and pressed eject button to take it in house. It did not eject. Much has been said about this problem, but heres the curious part. During the night, with the car off, it ejected. I get in today and there is the offending cd hanging out. It ejected with the power off. Like the red plymoth the fellow resored in a movie, it has a mind of its own and operates with no power. Something like this happens again, I'll be scared of it.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

cd

It is "Las Vegas Showtime", a collection of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin etc. I assure you it want go back in the car. I use cd's I burn in my car and I've never had a problem.

I gave it a couple of hr.s to cool down, as I had read on the site here, went out and switched on the car and it was still in the error mode. After that I had no hopes that it would pop out, I would have thought it had to be powered with 12 volts to do anything. I'm not complaining understand, there is nothing on the radio for me, and I'm not one that can ride in silence. Like PudgyRoy, I need my oldies. I have 8 cd's with 28 to 30 songs each from the 50's and 60's. I can drive 7 hr.s and not hear the same song twice.

I can relate.
My son came to visit from Oregon for Christmas. He took out my Oldies CDs and put in his music. When he wanted to take them out, all we got was the CD ERROR message.
Last week as I was driving, one finally decided to eject itself after nearly 2 months of trying to get them out. Then the rest came out, and I was finally able to get 'my' music back in.
Stopped at a car radio specialty shop in the area, and asked about how to repair or replace it. He said that CD changers have so many moving parts that there are none that work well in a car --- QUOTE: "CD changers in cars have kept my business booming." He wouldn't sell me any other kind and said that if he repaired or replaced this one, I'd probably still have the problem occur.
At least now I can listen to the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Moody Blues, etc.

There is nothing better than driving your Thunderbird along the the coast road, with the sun reflecting in the beautiful clear waters off Dingle Bay, and listening to Duke Of Earl or Xanadu on that great sounding music machine in these cars! I really do love that car of mine! I like it even more than me dog (John the Pug) If I ever had to choose the dog or the car, I would choose the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back