Can/Should I Supercharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Is it feasible to supercharge a 4.6L V8 T-Bird with 60,000 mi? Its in fair condition and I love the idea of an extra hundred horses, plus any other mods down the line.

Attachments

• minibj.gif
    minibj.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 47

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

94-97 Birds

....are beautiful looking and great running cars, except for the trans. (I still think that they have one of the nicest dashboards ever made, even better than the new LS, I mean TBird.)

Mine has a factory spoiler and 16" TSW Imola wheels. It now has over 112,000 miles, and I still enjoy driving, washing, and waxing it. (That's the true test of whether or not you still like a car: do you still enjoy cleaning it and admiring how it looks?)

Motor's smooth as day 1, never been apart. But, the brutal Ford trans in the 94 model year did have to be rebuilt at the 96,600 mark.

If I retire in April, the car will be sold, as I really don't need the Towncar (or it's replacement), the 03 Bird, and the 94. I will miss it.

If I do not retire, I'll keep it as my "bad weather drive to work" car.

Would have been a fun car with a supercharger.

Pretty sure that my 64 Galaxy convertible is just about ready for the sales block. Since I bought the 03, I never really use it much anymore.

You can supercharge your motor, however it is a ticking time bomb without forged pistons and rods. You will require a tune or a chip to get the air/fuel correct and even with a good tune, you are playing with borrowed time with a SC on a stock 4.6 internals. I would recommend Vortech or Ford Racing's SC as those will fit under your hood. A Kenne Bell will require a new hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back