Cam Sensor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JerseyFresh609

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I failed NJ Inspection for my engine light, for the Camshaft Positioning Sensor. I purchased a new one from autozone, installed it and reset the light but it came back. So figuring the part may be defective I removed it. I saw that underneath the new sensor it did not have the exposed metal that the original had. Figuring I may have been sold the wrong part I returned to the store and double checked. It was the correct part number so I returned it and took my money to Pepboys. This time the part looked just like the old one but upon replacing it the engine light keeps returning. What could be causing this? Bad wiring? I do have a short/power drain on one of my circuits (power locks, trunk release, brake lights, etc.) and I have a kill switch installed to prevent the car from dying when I leave it for a couple days but I doubt they are related. Any help is much appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back