Caliper discoloration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any discoloration of their front calipers? Mine have a bunch of beige stuff that has drip marks. It is pretty ugly. I spoke to the service people and they will paint them when I bring it in for the oil change. What do you think about a "paint" fix? Will it burn off? I have 2300 miles. My guess is that the discoloration was from the clear coat application. Also, my three sons think it would be cool to paint them blue to match the car. Appreciate your feedback.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

RETRO T,

I painted mine red a while back although I don't like the shade of red, more of an orangey red. Soon as I find the time I am going to repaint them the same shade blue (or as close as I can come to it) as in the thunderbird wings.

Personally I believe it looks good but you find some here on the board that will disagree. I have a triple black and I think that having the calipers painted breaks up the all black and adds a splash of color that is not obtrusive and does not breakup the lines of the car.

The paint has not discolored in any way but it is one more thing that requires detailing, they do show the brake dust more than the stock color calipers do.

Goto Left Front to see a pic of my car with the red calipers. It is on the bottom of the second page labeled "Left Fro..."

-

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any discoloration of their front calipers? Mine have a bunch of beige stuff that has drip marks. It is pretty ugly. I spoke to the service people and they will paint them when I bring it in for the oil change. What do you think about a "paint" fix? Will it burn off? I have 2300 miles. My guess is that the discoloration was from the clear coat application. Also, my three sons think it would be cool to paint them blue to match the car. Appreciate your feedback.
I have a 2003 I bought new, has less than 12,000 miles. I remember shortly I bought the car in 2003 I got a recall notice from Ford and they replaced all 4 rotors, calipers and pads. No braking or roto issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back