1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Building performance 1983 Ford Thunderbird need ideas

Discussion in '1967 - 1988 Ford Thunderbird' started by Roninracer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. He this is Ronin. I’m looking for performance ideas for my 1983 thunderbird . I’m make about 160 hp right now which is pretty sad . I’m looking for a compatible ford engine that can give me a good idea of what I need to git. I’m talking Shelby racer speed ideas.

2. Doubt you will really find an engine that’s “compatible” without fabricating and modifying things inside the engine bay. Also you need to have some goals and a starting point before you go anywhere. Get an idea what you want first.

3. Agreed, are you keeping it streetable? Check our four eyed pride or coolcats and I’m sure there are other sites that are devoted to Fox body upgrades.since it shares the Fox platform there are upgrades out there but obviously a lot will depend on your wants and your wallet

4. I was thinking something like a Ford 302

5. Well that wouldn’t be a issue as they came with the V6, the V8(302) or the 2.3 turbo.

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!