Boot Cover for 2003 Thunderbird

Hello Larks, Thru another thread on this forum I was put in contact with Rich at J&R Upholstery in Yuma, AZ https://jr-uph.com/. Rich is making me a boot cover from a pattern he made from Javier's (the person in the thread) boot cover. I am having Rich make my boot cover in light tan. If you would like I will let you know what I think of his work. Thanks, Gary Craig, Chugiak, Alaska
Just wondering how the boot cover came out that you had made?

Just wondering how the boot cover came out that you had made?

I am just finishing with the pattern, surprising more difficult than I planned especially the rear portion

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Dar, Rich of J&R said he came down with covid-19 and has not finished the boot yet. I need to call him after I finish this message. Thanks, Gary

I recently purchased a 2003 Thunderbird that did not have the boot cover with it. I've searched high and low on the Internet and reviewed some of the posts on this site. Those that are available are extremely expensive or no longer available. I decided I was going to try and make one myself. I've never done anything like that before so I have two questions. First, has anyone ever created their own boot cover for their convertible that and if so do they have any tips for a novice? Secondly, does anyone have the dimensions of the boot cover that they would share? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Larks 1956
Hello Dar, Rich of J&R said he came down with covid-19 and has not finished the boot yet. I need to call him after I finish this message. Thanks, Gary
did anyone try the boot from roadster solutions for $150? This boot fits well and looks great,

MODERATOR NOTE: This are back-ordered for 4+ weeks. Seller states Please place an order using a credit card for a spot in the queue, we will not charge your credit card until the stock is here & ready to ship.

TTB3.jpg

TTB1.jpg
TTB2.jpg

Attachments

• TTB_InstallationInstructions.pdf
    257 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought one of these from Roadster Solutions (https://www.roadstersolutions.com/page50.html) for 2003. 3 days from ordering to receipt. Called for shipping info and had to leave voicemail, but rec'd call back within the hour. Not sure I like the design/looks quite as much as OEM boot cover, but definitely like the price (under $200) much better than the ones I see on various sites. E-commerce site could be improved, but I thought the service was quick and courteous. Still will look for an OEM, but this will do until pricing on those becomes more reasonable. $2-2500! seriously??

Back