Ball joint size 2002-05

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please include the model year of your car in the subject when posting. I added this for you. Thanks for posting.

They are talking about the thread size .
A small stub sticking above the nut. Simply see if a 14mm or a 16mm fits around the threaded stub.

Please include the model year of your car in the subject when posting. I added this for you. Thanks for posting.
tbird - how(where) do I start a post? At the top and bottom of the screens are many options, except for that one. Thanks.

It has been asked here which years have which size front ball joints, and I have figured
it out. The 2002 year up to Mid March have the 14mm bolt size for the lower front
ball joint. And supposidly all Birds from then on have 16mm bolt size.

I just replaced the front lower ball joints on a 2002 Bird manufactured Feb 2002, and it
had 14mm bolt studs.

Any T Bird made after March 11th has 16mm ball joint studs. Anything made March 11th or before
has 14mm ball joint studs. So any 2002 T Bird made 03/11/2002 or before has 14mm studs, every
thing else 16mm studs.

It has been asked here which years have which size front ball joints, and I have figured
it out. The 2002 year up to Mid March have the 14mm bolt size for the lower front
ball joint. And supposidly all Birds from then on have 16mm bolt size.

I just replaced the front lower ball joints on a 2002 Bird manufactured Feb 2002, and it
had 14mm bolt studs.
[/QU What did you use to pull out and press in the new ball joints?

Back