Audiophile Sound System & Sirius

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T-Bird05

Last seen
I have the Audiophile Sound System 6 cd in my newly purchased 05 T-bird and the manual says it is satelite radio ready. Does anyone know what this means??
Do I just call Sirius to activate the receiver or do I have to buy some more equipment??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

SIRUS is a dealer installed option.

T-Bird05 said:
I have the Audiophile Sound System 6 cd in my newly purchased 05 T-bird and the manual says it is satelite radio ready. Does anyone know what this means??
Do I just call Sirius to activate the receiver or do I have to buy some more equipment??

If Im not mistaken "satellite ready" means you keep the same radio but I think you have to have the antenna installed and have the service activated.

Quickdraw said:
If Im not mistaken "satellite ready" means you keep the same radio but I think you have to have the antenna installed and have the service activated.

Yep, and it's done at the dealership.

It's a kit that is installed. The kit consists of the sat modulator and an antenna. To keep your warranty have it installed by a Ford Authorized installer in your area. You can find on by searching the Vesteon site. The Vesteon radio is actually mfg by Alpine. I just had mine done for $329.00 installed. You then have to activate the unit with Sirius. Go to www.sirius.com. I love it!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah and on Sirius you get all three hours of Dave Ramsey instead of 1 like XM!

3XBirdOwner said:
It's a kit that is installed. The kit consists of the sat modulator and an antenna. To keep your warranty have it installed by a Ford Authorized installer in your area. You can find on by searching the Vesteon site. The Vesteon radio is actually mfg by Alpine. I just had mine done for $329.00 installed. You then have to activate the unit with Sirius. Go to www.sirius.com. I love it!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3XBirdOwner,
At one time they were offering a lifetime subscription for, I think, $400... do they still do that?

Sirrius Radio

My son purchased an 05 Explorer with almost the same radio as in the Bird. He had the dealer warranty radio repair company install the receiver and antenae for $350. The receiver is about the size of a 5x7 picture frame and 2 inches thick. They put it in one of the rear wells. It cables back to the radio so the radio controls the unit.

He paid for 10 months and got 12 months of service. I wish my 03 Bird had the direct interface.

Ticket Ted
2003 whisper white/ Bleck/Red deluxe

Thanks for the info guys, but where do they place the antenae??? I'm just a little concerned about some of these technicians taking apart my car.

3XBirdOwner said:

I believe some of these antennas are installed on the inside of the trunk lid

I love my Sirius. I had it installed by a Ford Authorized radio installation shop (not the dealer) and am very satisfied. Paid $329 installed. They put the antenna on a metal strut behind the glove box area. Occassionally I had drop outs so I removed it from there and simply rested it on the top of the dash, up against the windshield in the far right corner. Plays great, stays in place without any glue or velcro, and unobtrusive. Right now as I write this I am listening to Sirius on my computer. Excellent sound!

Sirius Radio

I installed the Sirius adaptor. It was easy. Sirius still offers a lifgetime membership. See my Feb 27 posting, attached below:

I installed the Sirius radio upgrade kit in my '04 T'Bird. It is relatively easy. I went to the Ford dealer, but they wanted $600 for the part plus installation. I then went to the company which makes the stock radio Ford uses in the Thunderbird, Southern Electronics (800-476-2880 ), and bought the Sirius satellite upgrade kit from them for $309 delivered. Here is the web site for the upgrade kit if you are interested: http://www.evisteon.com/prod_serv/m...dio/index.shtml

Anyone having any questions with installation, I'd be more than happy to help.

First, put the key in the ignition, and move the gear shifter all the way back to 1st gear. This will give you more room when you slide the radio out.

Then, disconnect the negative battery cable and keep it disconnected until everything is finished.

Simply slide out the center vents, they are just wedged in.

You'll see two bolts holding the top of the radio in place. Remove them.

Then pop-out the arm rest console; its easy to remove.

Then pop-out the blank-cover below the cigarette lighter and accessory outlet.

Remove the two bolts holding the cigarette lighter and accessory outlet and slide it out to the driver's side to get it out of the way.

Finally, remove the bottom two bolts holding the radio in place and slide it out as far as it will come.

Wiring harness connection -- only 2 connections into the backof the radio. Remove the original wiring harness connector going in to the left back side of the radio, plug it into the new wiring harness connector provided, and connect the new wiring harness into the back of the radio. Then, find the right size new wiring harness connector and snap it into the one unused slot in the back of the radio. That should leave one connector on the new harness which remains unused. Lastly, connect the other end of the wiring harness into the Sirius radio upgrade kit.

Run the antenna where you want to put it, and connect it to the Sirius radio upgrade kit. I placed the antenna on my dashboard, which works fine.

I used velcro and mounted the Sirius radio upgrade kit behind the glove box.

Then reverse the process and reinstall everything, reconnecting the battery LAST.

Enjoy!

I love my Sirius, and get to listen to music on my computers as well. Too bad their other channels cannot play on the computers, only their music channels.

I also have the antenna on the dash and it is totally unobtrusive. BTW I paid a total of $329.00 professionally installed by the distributor/installer that the local Ford dealers use.

Sirius Radio

I have a few questions?

What's the difference between the 04 and 03 radios? Would the 04 Sirius sytem upgrade work? I find it hard to believe that Ford would spend all that money to change a radio from year to year. I would be willing to get the system if it would work.

Thanks,

Ticket Ted

03 whisper white with black/red interior

05 Thunderbird and XM radio

I tried the Terk XM direct then found out that it won't work on my 05 Bird. I still have a Roady 2 that either connects via an audio output (mini-stereo jack) or RF output. I mounted my antenna behind the armrest on the console with velcro and hid all wires inside the console. I also used a little bit of velcro to secure the receiver to the blank panel in front of the shift lever. I use the RF out feature and one of my presets on my head unit tuned to it. What I need, and I hope someone can help, is the two blade pins that go into the 24-pin harness that supply power and ground for the Sirius radio. I want to hard wire a power supply for my Roady 2 so that it powers off when the radio does. If someone can even give me the name of the plug manufacturer that will help.

Doc in Central Texas

Sirrus

I have an 03 so I just bought the Sirrus mobile unit. It mounts in window on a suction cup mount. Ran power down left door channel and around to cig lighter. Antenna is in window on short cable. The rest of cable stuffed in left dash. I used a small square of sticky tape that is magnetic on the other side The antenna is magnetic also and sticks to it. The unit numerous FM channels so no problem unless you get in an area where they are broadcasting on your freq. Just change it. Works great. I love my sirrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back