Anyone actually order a 2003 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone REALLY got a confirmed order from ford yet on a 2003? I have had a deposit in with a dealer for 5 months now and he says that it is still not orderable from ford yet and that it won't be for another month or so.

Am I being given the run around?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have confirmation from the dealer for 2003 Tbird via a screen print, and then I called 800-392-3673 (FORD) off the internet to confirm. There is a six digit alpha numeric dealer code number and a 4 digit numeric order number that they will need. Both of these numbers are in the upper left of the screen print. Also you have to tell them that the body style is P60. You give them name, address etc. and they open an "incident" file and track your calls.. Give Ford 2-3 days to get the order "bucked" My vehicle was not assigned a s/n until 10-4 and is still awaiting a build date and ETA. My screen print order date was originated 9.18.02

Called the Ford 800 number listed above. According to the computer schedule, my 2003 has been assigned a build date between November 18th and November 25th. My guess is that the car is specified for the new exterior gray and saddle interior colors may be coincidental with Ford Marketing Exec's decision to run those cars first on the production line to get the new colors out there. The other possibility is all 2003 Tbirds ordered are automatically assigned the 1st week build date. We will see what the credibility factor is as time moves on

My 2003 was ordered on 9/23. Got the screen print from my dealer a week or so later. He then faxed me the screen print with my VIN number on 10/16. I called the 800#, and with the help of the screen print order number, dealer name, and VIN # was given a build date of December 2 to 9. I was told to call in about a month to get an exact date. I have talked to Dave Davis at Ford, and he has agreed to give my wife and I a plant tour on the build date. So far, everything is working great, all according to info I got here. Many thanks, Forum Members!

Duke
white/white/white Premium

Originally posted by jimjet:
Called the Ford 800 number listed above. According to the computer schedule, my 2003 has been assigned a build date between November 18th and November 25th. ... The other possibility is all 2003 Tbirds ordered are automatically assigned the 1st week build date.

Spoke to Ford Customer Service on Monday, I was told basically the same thing. Build date between Nov. 18 and Nov. 25. I’m hoping this is true but I’m really hoping for delivery sometime in January. The service rep was very nice and spent almost 20mins researching the order for me.

------------------
TBird2003
No bird yet! But got one on order.

Anyone who ordered a 2003:

You must have seen what your color choices are...What are they? I was told one thing but then heard another.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue/full blue/no top
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

As has been stated they are the red, white and black from 2002, plus Mountain Shadow Grey and Desert Sky Blue. All dealers should have this info. Has anyone seen any 2003 brochures yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back