Advice on purchase price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it is a big deal at all....but

I have a purchase contract, signed by the dealer last year at $39,795.

Since then the MSRP has gone up twice...first to $39,995 and very recently to $40,245 or thereabouts.

I am dealing with a terrific dealer...but I suspect many of you out there may end up with this same question. We all love and want the car ASAP but $450 is $450.

What should we pay for the car/what are we legally able to buy the car for?

Some knowleadgable insight would be appreciated.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When i was doing my shopping for my car, i got a copy of the "dealer invoice" from one source. it showed a $5000 gap between there price and MSRP. this doesn't take into effect any "hold backs" that they also seem to get on all of ther cars. Still $450 is not much concidering what a lot of us and many others have payed over MSRP to enjoy this wonderful car. if you can get it for less than the Sticker, all the better for you. But, for the sticker price, you will also being doing well. Good luck

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Joel,

My car came in with the first price increase of $200, and my dealer said that we were price protected so this was a non-issue for me. If you have a signed sales order with specific pricing on it I would believe that the dealer should stand behind their initial deal. Good luck.

KB

I purchased mine quite a while back and gave a reasonable deposit.
My dealer called mid February to say he thought it would be a May build. I stopped in the dealer today to tell him to order the Neiman Marcus wheels and he said that the Canadian price inceased $1000 CDN ($630US) March 29/02. He told me that I was PRICE PROTECTED since I had an official order.
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Great news since the Nieman Marcus wheels are $3500 CDN plus 15% tax :rooleyes: and installation!

If you have a good dealer count your lucky
stars.

Like I posted they stuck us with the price
increase eventhrough had a signed deal with
the general manager. For the fun of it
I asked if they were going to stand by this
deal, no comment. Will know in a few weeks
about the outcome. On the new printout it
shows MSRP and options in column 1. In column
2 shows Invoice prices. I did comment that
a managers signature meant nothing, he flat
said they didn't care.

Doubt will do any good, but folks can relate
there treatment through the questionaire and
send it directly to Ford.

This has been a 2 years to remember, what
a learning experience. OH the next car
I order, the questions, the questions.

Got the same treatment from a Chevy dealer
once when ordered a pickup. No wonder the
dealers are out buying professional football
teams.

biggrin.gif
joelja, this is what happened to me so take it for what it's worth. In Jan.01 we ordered our Bird with $100.00 down and a hand shake. Yes, at the time the car was listed for the $39,795 price. The price increase went into effect the week mine was on the line being built. When we settled up on the car the price was $39,995. I didn't even ask about it because the dealer was asking MSRP from day one. They could have jacked this up anytime over the years wait and I couldn't have done much about it. They stuck with the MSRP. I have no complaints with this, as many on here paid much more.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back