adding seatbelts to 63 convertible

BP63

BP63

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, my new-to-me 63 convertible does not have seatbelts, even in the front. The Specifications and Features Manual says seat belts were an option in 63, so I expect there's a standard way to install them. I have the shop manual and can't find instructions for the installation. Searched the forums, can't locate anything. Any suggestions? thanks very much.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi, my new-to-me 63 convertible does not have seatbelts, even in the front. The Specifications and Features Manual says seat belts were an option in 63, so I expect there's a standard way to install them. I have the shop manual and can't find instructions for the installation. Searched the forums, can't locate anything. Any suggestions? thanks very much.

I inquired about 3 pt. Seat belts with shoulder straps from Seatbeltsolutions.com but they said not available for my 63 hardtop. I do have lap belts up front though.

Lap belts were an option and only for the front seats. My car came with front seat belts from the factory. I actually installed them in the back seat when my kid's were small I picked up a set from a wrecking yard which were the correct color for my interior. I later removed them. Come to think of it I wonder where they are? I never throw anything Thunderbird out. Time to start digging!

Back