A Price Increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just visited the local Ford dealership in Springfield IL. They have a red/red/partial and a blue/blue/partial on the showroom floor. They are both shown for sale at +$5000. But the stickers show a base price of $38,640.00 and a destination charge of $555.00. The sticker on my car said #38465.00 base and $530.00 shipping. Did I miss a post saying there had been a factory price increase? By the way, the serial number for the red one is 11830 and the blue one is 12588. Sorry I didn't write down the whole number. Their first T-Bird was a triple black no accent #1482.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That's not a factory price increase. Most dealerships are asking for several thousand over MSRP. They do it because they can. You can look hard and possibly find one at MSRP. Good luck.

I had ordered a 2003 as I missed out on the 2002 allocation at my local Ford store. The manager called three weeks ago asking if I wanted a 02 in June. I had orderd a blue, he told me no blues for 2003, and the price in Canada would be $12000 more, that is about $8000US!
He told me he would stand by the price he quoted a year ago for a June delivery. The Canadian price is $58000 equal to about 39000 $US.... it took a few seconds but when I was able to wipe the grim off my face I said yes! He told me he got the extra one and may get another because he sold only to customers at MSRP and did not sell to wholesalers. Some Canadian dealers have been selling to E Bay and auctions in the US. I understand only 50% of the Canadian allotment is in Canada, the rest have headed south.

I believe the base price went up $200. I did a price breakdown of all the various model/options back in Jan. and noticed the increase. The prices came from the Ford website.

rtbird you are correct the $200 price increase from the factory was included in my paper work when I took delivery. Still grinning, life is good.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

According to the figures on the price stickers, the base price increased by $175.00 and the delivery charges went up $25.00. Still $200.00 increase, just splitting hairs.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back