A new toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found something today that I hadn't seen before. Maybe others have. I was cruising the Barbie isle at Toys R Us with the granddaughter when we happened upon a Barbie size 2002 T-bird in red no less! It has a solid black interior just like ours. Don't know who was more excited the granddaughter, finding out Barbie has a "Thundercar", or grandpa finding a new collectible for the his enjoyment. Anyway, we came out with two of them. Pretty cool for $14.99 each.

The car has the concept wheels and three spoke steeringwheel, but has the cornering lights on the side like the production car. The proportions aren't too bad and the scale looks to be about 1:6 or 1:8. It measures right at 18 inches long. Of course, no porthole top is available, because much like our birds the occupants are too tall to have a top on the car. (Just kidding!)

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Another HOTTTT !!!! new toy.

Heartland America (1-800-229-2901 24 hrs/day)
has a 1:16 scale model licensed by Ford Motor Company. The remote control model is said to operate at distances up to 100 yards. It's available in Red (Item V6-93983) or black (Item V6-93989) at a cost of $29.99. With a 90 day limited warranty, this looks like a neat toy! My red one is on order and I'll add to this thread when it arrives. (PS-- I do not work for Heartland, this post is for the benefit of the Forum!)

Jim

Originally posted by captjim:
Another HOTTTT !!!! new toy.

Heartland America (1-800-229-2901 24 hrs/day)
has a 1:16 scale model licensed by Ford Motor Company. My red one is on order and I'll add to this thread when it arrives. (PS-- I do not work for Heartland, this post is for the benefit of the Forum!)

Jim

Actually, not new, they've just restocked their catalog and added one of the other colors available. This model has been out since last fall and Heartland was the first ones to offer it. Sounds like they've come down in price, too.

Enjoy, the model is nice.

Just checked out the Heartland cars. They both have white interiors (as shown) and they look like the roadster model with the molded read deck that follows the seatbacks.

Yes, it's the same one they had last fall. It's also the same one that Exoticar carries (at a much higher price).

Took off to Toys R Us this morning and picked up the new Barbie car. Some assembly is required and it comes with a set of detailing decals. Have put a picture link of it on my website on the diecast page

here's a small picture of it:
Barbiecar2002red3.jpg

-

-

I picked up the Barbie Thunderbird last night. It's too cute! Now I KNOW I have a kick-a&! car if Barbie has one!

In Friday's mail, received yet another T-Bird gift. A replica of my white bird. It is so cute. Has anyone else receive this? Was waiting for a keychain dealership promised, but this is better.

Originally posted by Ronnie:
In Friday's mail, received yet another T-Bird gift. A replica of my white bird. It is so cute. Has anyone else receive this? Was waiting for a keychain dealership promised, but this is better.

How was it packaged? What size was it? If it was the only item, it probably came from your dealer. The white model has been available since last fall.

-

The remote control car is now available in TBird blue as well. I have actually seen one, but the owner could not remember where it came from (It was given to him by a friend). I will try to find out and advise.

These cars have tended to be available in dept stores as well as mail order. My wife gave me one each of the black & red ones for Christmas. Bought them at the Hecht Co., an east coast (I think) enterprise, but they are associated with the May Co too. If you have one in your area, you might want to check it out. With Father's Day coming up, they may be stocking them again. And my wife got a great deal-with special sales and discounts in place, she paid less than the advertised price for one of them for the pair!! Now, we need to find the yellow ones to complete the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back